Today I worked in the morning. The afternoon was filled with music listening, internet wanderings, and car washing. Then I headed to the wildlife clinic. I spotted a large roadkill gray squirrel on the highway so had to turn around for it. So, I jogged across the lane, picked it up, and as I headed back two cars came rushing around the bend below me. So I, uh, hightailed it off the highway to the tune of a prolonged honk. Oopsies. Hey, I couldn't let it go to waste..the eagles will relish it. But I must say plucking a squirrel off a 55 mph highway isn't the safest activity in the world. At least I have the varmint control signs on my jeep now - it might make me look slightly less crazy.
After that ordeal, I had a nice three hour shift helping out at the clinic. I made formula for the baby coons and bottle fed them, fed the fox and baby bunnies, cleaned stuff, assisted with an osprey X-Ray and another osprey's subcutaneous fluid injection..Oo, and I captured one of the ospreys in its outdoor pen and brought it in for the evening. Good experience. Three people I recognized from high school brought in another baby bunny their dog caught..unfortunately it doesn't look like a survivor. On the way home I saw two deer, one a youngin. Now I shall post a photograph.
After that ordeal, I had a nice three hour shift helping out at the clinic. I made formula for the baby coons and bottle fed them, fed the fox and baby bunnies, cleaned stuff, assisted with an osprey X-Ray and another osprey's subcutaneous fluid injection..Oo, and I captured one of the ospreys in its outdoor pen and brought it in for the evening. Good experience. Three people I recognized from high school brought in another baby bunny their dog caught..unfortunately it doesn't look like a survivor. On the way home I saw two deer, one a youngin. Now I shall post a photograph.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home