Busy days here. I've been hanging out with Becky and Andrew since their arrival Tuesday night - one day we went to Kingsley, where I actually swam a bit, and yesterday we hiked around Lost Lake and then went to Wahtum. Just before arriving at Wahtum we all got to see a mountain beaver, which was weird 'cause Tim and I had just been talking about mountain beaver at Lost Lake - how Tim's only seen three in the wild (not in a trap) before. It crossed the road in front of us and, crazily enough, went about its business cutting/wrasslin' with shrub branches while we drove right alongside it and even opened our door to get a better look! Very odd - I've never seen a wild animal act so indifferent to human presence! It ended up walking under our car and went down the opposite bank. It was pretty much adorable. They basically look like great big gophers (probably weigh in around five pounds) and have little stubby knobs for tails and short little legs with padded feet.
We've slept out on the porch the past few nights, which has been nice but at times a tad too chilly. Today was the family picnic at Tollbridge Park, where six of seven cousins finally came together. Becky pointed out that our oldest cousin and our mom have about the same age difference as him and us! It's rather odd, being the youngest, knowing that they've all gone through years of college and have had steady jobs and houses. We fought the jackets off our sandwiches and Becky and I even witnessed a fight between a bald faced hornet and a yellow jacket over some deli meat. Around 3:30 Beck, Andrew, and I went to town. We went to Artifacts, where I purchased the newest by Sedaris and Fast Food Nation.
Then we went to the vintage clothing store where I consumed a plaid wool jacket, which I might be able to pull off with jeans. Then to Andrew's, where Beck and I ran into Labadie and ate slices. Then to Dog River, where I drank a super sweet mocha and read a bit, then to Wal Mart for Andrew to acquire sweat pants, and finally to Rosauers before home. Since then it's been relaxing, as Becky and I both feel a bit run down after so much running around and outdoor exposure (wind and coldness at night).
Wow, sometimes I feel so, for lack of a better word, overwhelmed by - sorry if this sounds trite -life. It's just crazy thinking about the future and where I'm going to end up and what I'll be doing. I desperately need to relax and enjoy it and not worry so damn much. Need to tell my brain to slow the heck down and live a little. It's just difficult to do so while I'm halfway through college I suppose. Thank goodness for the summer. It may give me too much time to ponder such things, but at least I'm not also entrenched in reading dense and boring material!
We've slept out on the porch the past few nights, which has been nice but at times a tad too chilly. Today was the family picnic at Tollbridge Park, where six of seven cousins finally came together. Becky pointed out that our oldest cousin and our mom have about the same age difference as him and us! It's rather odd, being the youngest, knowing that they've all gone through years of college and have had steady jobs and houses. We fought the jackets off our sandwiches and Becky and I even witnessed a fight between a bald faced hornet and a yellow jacket over some deli meat. Around 3:30 Beck, Andrew, and I went to town. We went to Artifacts, where I purchased the newest by Sedaris and Fast Food Nation.
Then we went to the vintage clothing store where I consumed a plaid wool jacket, which I might be able to pull off with jeans. Then to Andrew's, where Beck and I ran into Labadie and ate slices. Then to Dog River, where I drank a super sweet mocha and read a bit, then to Wal Mart for Andrew to acquire sweat pants, and finally to Rosauers before home. Since then it's been relaxing, as Becky and I both feel a bit run down after so much running around and outdoor exposure (wind and coldness at night).
Wow, sometimes I feel so, for lack of a better word, overwhelmed by - sorry if this sounds trite -life. It's just crazy thinking about the future and where I'm going to end up and what I'll be doing. I desperately need to relax and enjoy it and not worry so damn much. Need to tell my brain to slow the heck down and live a little. It's just difficult to do so while I'm halfway through college I suppose. Thank goodness for the summer. It may give me too much time to ponder such things, but at least I'm not also entrenched in reading dense and boring material!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home