Blah. I'm mildly bored. Things are going well..but the weeks are just slipping by. And the heat has me unmotivated to to much hiking lately. Today I met the three newest additions at Good Fortune Farms - two adorable young boy 'pacas and a large stately female named Cleodora. The boys are super friendly, they'll walk right up to people and actually seem to enjoy being petted. In case you've been misled by the TV commercials promoting alpacas, not all alpacas are super sweet and friendly. They usually have to be socialized and worked with extensively for them to get that way, and I'm pretty sure even some that have been halter-trained and whatnot are still rather angry beasts to work with. They spit. They squabble over pellets. And some just act superior.
Yesterday I only worked a half day and then in the late afternoon I went to volunteer again - I realized Joe (from high school- Earth Club, FFA; now a wildlife biology major at Montana) lived in Mosier and told him via Facebook about the clinic if he wanted to check it out. So I picked him up and we were greeted with a list of to-do. Cutting up gophers with garden shears and watching the ridiculous little screech owl with its mouse and pumping paste into the scrub jay's mouth --we couldn't stop laughing. It was a good time.
Well, I don't know what to do now. Perhaps I will go to the farmer's market.
Yesterday I only worked a half day and then in the late afternoon I went to volunteer again - I realized Joe (from high school- Earth Club, FFA; now a wildlife biology major at Montana) lived in Mosier and told him via Facebook about the clinic if he wanted to check it out. So I picked him up and we were greeted with a list of to-do. Cutting up gophers with garden shears and watching the ridiculous little screech owl with its mouse and pumping paste into the scrub jay's mouth --we couldn't stop laughing. It was a good time.
Well, I don't know what to do now. Perhaps I will go to the farmer's market.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home