Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, December 11, 2003

Mom just made fudge. I was like "I want some fudge. Now." Not like I was demanding or anything. I merely suggested it of course. And she whipped up a batch without even using marshmallow cream. She actually melted marshmallows. But now I must wait an hour and a half till it sets. Darn.

Hmm. I studied for like an hour and a freakin' half during photography for my math test...things were going real good and then I got to the word problems where I had to actually produce my own answers. Oh well. I probably got a B- or something.

English today: Lorenzen brought everyone a banana since we're reading Faulkner's As I Lay Dying. Then everyone had to write a Christmas story from a character's POV. Haha. I chose Anse, cause I remembered that song about wanting two front teeth for Christmas..and instead of the river being flooded, it was frozen in my version. He read it aloud along with some others, which were really hilarious. Like Dewey Dell going to Fred Meyer and asking Santa for an abortion..Then there was the Darl and eggnog/tree thing. That was ridiculously amusing.

Tomorrow we're actually going to have to start organizing our adv. bio speeches. EEK. But my beaver presentation went surprisingly well, despite the fact that I was extremely nervous and had to wait through about 17 other speeches over the course of several days. I think everyone liked seeing the video of the beavers at Routson. Plus I had the chewed tree and pelt, unique "visual aids" a bit more interesting than posters.. =)

Lab had some old yearbooks today in art..like from the early 90s. I looked thru a 1992 one and there was a whole page devoted to advanced biology's stream scene project! Back then, our co-principal was the biology teacher, and they were doing the same things we did..it was cool to see a group pic. of the students right in front of our section of the stream! I wish that more yearbook space today went to classes instead of clubs and sports in a way. 'Cause everyone is involved in classes obviously.

Well tomorrow is Friday. We have an earth club meeting and we're going to paint a couple recycling bins after school. Then some people are going to our advisor's house to watch "Forest Warrior." Hahaha. I think I'll go home after the recycling bins though. Sat. FFA is going sledding. Undecided as of now. Sunday I'm meeting (hopefully) most of my NHS group at Rosauers to go shopping for our family..I still have to get a gift for the baby though.

Word o' the blog: plumiped: Having feathered feet. A plumiped bird, such as an owl. (Or those banties at the Whitmans'!)

-Reader's Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home