Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, December 01, 2003

Well it's been awhile and I've been feeling guilty after reading Becky's HUGE blog. Nice photo of the albino squirrel!
I have three whole weeks of school...SAT this Saturday...my big fat English paper to write...and then finally winter break! I am looking forward to the 20th of December. But Wednesday I get my braces off...ah, one of those "trademark teen" scars will finally be gone! It will definitely be a nice change.

I can't say I've done too much lately, although yesterday I did take some pretty good photos (if I do say so myself!) of a newt in the backyard. I took Bosun on a walk and decided I should definitely take the camera, although I'm hesitant when I have Bo with me, cause if I get pre-occupied with taking photos, he will wander off! Anyway, I had just been looking for a newt to take photos of, and finally found one. Then we went into the orchard, and I wanted to take some video clips of Bo running down this slope, so I ran ahead of him and took short clips of him running down to catch up with me. He's pretty adorable.

We are doing this ugly simulation in Econ. Writing checks, buying and selling stocks, etc. I guess we're going to be doing this till winter break, and I'm already annoyed with the assignment. In fact, I had to go ask Bassham today after school about how to do this one section..I don't see how we're supposed to figure it out with the jumbled directions in the packet. Ugh!

I was thinking, watching To Kill A Mockingbird yesterday on some classic TV channel, that the ultimate halloween costume would be a ham. Just like Scout's, complete with the "HAM" written on the front.

Oh yes, and it was snowing like mad this morning (but we only got about two inches) so mom had to take me to school..she was like "I'm sure it'll be raining by the time we get to willow flat..." and it was still snowing. Even in "O Dull" and in town..still snowing! Everyone was going 35 on the highway, and the whole construction site looked very unorganized. They're doing something with putting the last bit of canal underground in pipes..and there have been trucks entering and exiting the highway continuously for a month..looks rather dangerous. Unfortunately the snow didn't even last..by the time mom came to pick me up it was all melted.. =(

Word o' the blog: Parzival: An epic poem written by Wolfram von Eschenbach. -Reader's Digest Great Encyclopedic Dictionary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home