Reflecting on past narrow escapes from being seriously maimed in school...
1. volleyball..my wrists vs. large, unsoft volleyball. The volleyball always won.
2. the halls..the pushing, the shoving, the excruciatingly slow-moving individuals in no hurry whatsoever to get to class. Oh yes. They are germ havens that double as our highways. And one must always be extra careful not to get smacked in the face when some inconsiderate person opens a door into the crowded hall.
3. Ah, the irony. The last "participation is mandatory, non-fun day of PE" I just about broke my arm. Kickball. An unobservant slide. An unforgiving gym floor.
There it is. I guess I did this just to remind myself that despite the extra effort it takes to be a surviving senior, there are unfortunate elements of the high school environment that I have left behind, namely PE. Oh yeah,"we're teaching kids that excercising can be fun." Fun? The whole PE program totally turned me against team sports! The halls are still a concern.
1. volleyball..my wrists vs. large, unsoft volleyball. The volleyball always won.
2. the halls..the pushing, the shoving, the excruciatingly slow-moving individuals in no hurry whatsoever to get to class. Oh yes. They are germ havens that double as our highways. And one must always be extra careful not to get smacked in the face when some inconsiderate person opens a door into the crowded hall.
3. Ah, the irony. The last "participation is mandatory, non-fun day of PE" I just about broke my arm. Kickball. An unobservant slide. An unforgiving gym floor.
There it is. I guess I did this just to remind myself that despite the extra effort it takes to be a surviving senior, there are unfortunate elements of the high school environment that I have left behind, namely PE. Oh yeah,"we're teaching kids that excercising can be fun." Fun? The whole PE program totally turned me against team sports! The halls are still a concern.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home