Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, January 09, 2004

Third snow day in a row! Oh yeah
Not terribly much to do..so I thought I might as well post a few thoughts on music.
Mer's recommended artists/CDs =)

1. Coldplay (Parachutes and the incredible follow-up that I wasn't sure was possible, A Rush of Blood to the Head)
2. Train (There is definitely something special about their self-titled debut; I get the impression that this is un-commercialized honesty. Somewhere between alternative rock and country, different. I also recommend Drops of Jupiter, although the song Drops of Jupiter was overplayed on the radio and everything else is just as good if not better. My Private Nation sounds radically different from their debut, which is unfortunate in some ways but there are some great songs on this one too. My favorite is Lincoln Avenue.
3. Dave Matthews Band (I've liked everything I've heard from them...especially Busted Stuff)
4. Mundy, aka Edmund Enright (Little-known Irish singer. Need I say more?) Jelly Legs has To You I Bestow, the song on the Romeo + Juliet soundtrack. Still searching for his newest, 24 Star Hotel.
5. Moonpools and Caterpillars (That was them performing in Disney's original movie, Wish Upon A Star, a story about two sisters switching places that Becky and I watch whenever it's on. Very fun, fast-paced, lyrically interesting stuff on Lucky Dumpling!)