I sat outside today at lunch. It was a rather pleasant last day of September.
Fire drill today during math. It was amusing seeing the girl next to me literally jump from her seat as that too-loud buzzer rang for the first time this year. We all thought that with a mere 15 minutes until the final bell rang, we'd get out of the quiz. We were wrong, but the quiz was short and painless.
I have something like a 77.1% in math. A high C. Not too bad, and I remembered how to tell if a graph is a function today in class..the vertical line test! Just finished reading some short stories from a book of collected stories..."Araby" by James Joyce, "The Drunkard" by Frank O'Connor, and "The Lament" by Anton Chekhov. I went out on the back porch with Bosun to read because he was whining an awful lot..he finally settled down after I sat down and began reading. I still don't know how or when I will get to writing a short story of my own..
Today I shared the "Golden Touch Signs" photo from Lincoln City with Mrs. Stever. Funny little episode that was. It really belongs in Ruralite's parting shot section.
Well, I get to sleep in tomorrow, then it's on to Economics, the classroom equivalent of Juntura, OR (BORING!)
I think I will stay up a while longer and ponder over some homework and scientific names of trees, then watch whatever is on.
Fire drill today during math. It was amusing seeing the girl next to me literally jump from her seat as that too-loud buzzer rang for the first time this year. We all thought that with a mere 15 minutes until the final bell rang, we'd get out of the quiz. We were wrong, but the quiz was short and painless.
I have something like a 77.1% in math. A high C. Not too bad, and I remembered how to tell if a graph is a function today in class..the vertical line test! Just finished reading some short stories from a book of collected stories..."Araby" by James Joyce, "The Drunkard" by Frank O'Connor, and "The Lament" by Anton Chekhov. I went out on the back porch with Bosun to read because he was whining an awful lot..he finally settled down after I sat down and began reading. I still don't know how or when I will get to writing a short story of my own..
Today I shared the "Golden Touch Signs" photo from Lincoln City with Mrs. Stever. Funny little episode that was. It really belongs in Ruralite's parting shot section.
Well, I get to sleep in tomorrow, then it's on to Economics, the classroom equivalent of Juntura, OR (BORING!)
I think I will stay up a while longer and ponder over some homework and scientific names of trees, then watch whatever is on.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home