The weather turned icky again today. Luckily no precipitation, just really cold. We watched the commun/social ISM video today in government. Then I had a Club Soda meeting, which I couldn't go to 'cause of an Ashland organizational meeting, which I couldn't go to 'cause I had an NHS officer meeting. So we got letters folded and into envelopes to kids who (big sarcastic "yay!" here), are meeting the GPA requirements to be in NHS. We were all sitting in the student scholarship/college info. area and there was some sort of communication device in the next room, all I heard was "Are we selling tickets for the dance tomorrow?" and then the reply of "that's affirmative." Way to sound important. I didn't really do anything in French, although I think I may be able to provide some costume material for Mardi Gras in the form of fur. The president's daughter wearing a jaguar fur collar? Oh yes.
So in bio. we had the whole time to practice puttin' some little drosophilas to sleep with ether. These aren't our actual flies we'll be working with on the crosses, just disposable ones. Sherry and I examined each mutation with the handy dandy lighted microscope , and figured out how to tell the males and females apart in each of those mutations. I personally like the yellow white miniatures. It's really easy to see the difference in gender plus they are just cuter than the rest of them. A lot of them woke up before we were done, but a lot of them died because they apparently were weakest links and the gas chamber was just too much...rather sad, when we were done with them we dropped them in the morgue, AKA a plastic bottle filled with soapy water. So we don't actually have to worry about taking them home until next week.
Took Tasha to the vet's to have her toenails trimmed this afternoon. That dog somehow managed to find a goat skin and was dragging it around the yard this morning. Slightly disturbing. Then what I believe to be some sort of falcon flew into our window! I was out under a tree watching it and was almost fast enough to take a photo, but it flew off. I've never seen that type of bird before, but it really did look like a mini hawk.
"It looks like a tick."
-Lady at vet's office describes Les, the pekinese that won toy group at Westminster. I have to agree. That dog seriously looks like a parasite that would be living on a larger dog.
So in bio. we had the whole time to practice puttin' some little drosophilas to sleep with ether. These aren't our actual flies we'll be working with on the crosses, just disposable ones. Sherry and I examined each mutation with the handy dandy lighted microscope , and figured out how to tell the males and females apart in each of those mutations. I personally like the yellow white miniatures. It's really easy to see the difference in gender plus they are just cuter than the rest of them. A lot of them woke up before we were done, but a lot of them died because they apparently were weakest links and the gas chamber was just too much...rather sad, when we were done with them we dropped them in the morgue, AKA a plastic bottle filled with soapy water. So we don't actually have to worry about taking them home until next week.
Took Tasha to the vet's to have her toenails trimmed this afternoon. That dog somehow managed to find a goat skin and was dragging it around the yard this morning. Slightly disturbing. Then what I believe to be some sort of falcon flew into our window! I was out under a tree watching it and was almost fast enough to take a photo, but it flew off. I've never seen that type of bird before, but it really did look like a mini hawk.
"It looks like a tick."
-Lady at vet's office describes Les, the pekinese that won toy group at Westminster. I have to agree. That dog seriously looks like a parasite that would be living on a larger dog.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home