Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

So, the first devastating blow of midterms has been dealt.
All the academics are going smoothly; almost as smooth as rich chocolately ovaltine. Still a few undissolved powdery lumps in there, but overall tolerable.
Tomorrow I find out my geology exam grade, and I'm going to be content for it shall be better than my sucky grade in last year's geology class. Shakespeare/Eng. 2o1 has partially restored faith in my ability to do anything other than read textbooks and take bubble tests. I think I want to start painting again! For my only creative outlet has been doodling on notes and lab packets. I started a facebook group by the name of "Banana Slugs, Pikas, and Muskrats" for those that admire random animals but refuse to drag them into a political agenda.

While here in western Oregon I have now encountered a third colour variety of the banana slug; brown with large black blotches, not dissimilar from a banana of the "almost too late for banana bread" variety. I also spied a wooly bear (caterpillar) on a hike.

Let's see...I hear we have acquired three more poultry on the homefront. This weekend I am going to central Oregon for a fish/wildlife club trip to chat and work with biologists and see the captive critters at the museum. And next week, I'm totally going to cut open some ungulates at a chronic wasting disease station. So a nice eventful schedule is approaching..it promises adventure and distraction from studying. Looking forward to Thanksgiving. Turkay.

I have fallen victim to the temptation of free musical downloads..now that I have a portable music device. Thus far I have discovered Guster and unheard The Cure albums. It's good stuff. I like Boys Don't Cry.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 AM , Blogger Becky said...

    Don't you love Guster? Andrew introduced me to their music... guess they were more of a New England band (his brother I believe knew them/ went to their concerts as they were starting up, when he was at Tufts).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home