The problem with blogging only occasionally is the large quantity of bloggable happenings that transpire between posts..which become less vivid and well-remembered with time. I will try to remember the important points.
We had an owl show up in our yard a while back. At first I thought it could be a great gray, but with a little help from google I determined it was an immature barred owl. It was eating moths in the dog yard, and let us approach very close to get photos, one of which I shall post. Pretty neat - that's the third species of owl I've seen around here, but the next morning I found it dead in a tree. I'm thinking it either was injured or ate a poisoned rodent.
Last weekend through wednesday I house sat in town. It would have been a lot funner, but I fell ill with one of my typical 102 fever/headache/sore throat sicknesses. That prevented me from doing anything but lazing about watching movies and listening to music and working on my lavender wand for 2.5 days. I was overworking and undersleeping is all. No hallucinations this time. Although I did experience a three-pronged dream sequence when I was better. Of murder, unrequited love, and a grizzly bear. Yep, seriously. I was able to recall the details quite well, even the luster of the bear's fur in the sun. Oh yeah, I dream in color.
When I felt better and less contagious I contacted friends. We walked around downtown and they proceeded to whisk me away to westside to encourage divulging of inside information. I told 'em the truth. I am finding it easier to talk to people..about everything really. Which is definitely a good thing. While house sitting I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which was better and funnier than I expected, as well as Frida, about a Mexican artist (I had seen a documentary about her a year or so ago which intrigued me). That is an excellent and thoroughly artistic film, which I recommend. I copied some of her music to my computer. Jeff Buckley, Jane's Addiction, The Dandy Warhols, and Beck. I am liking Beck quite a bit.
Am entrenched in a watering job still. And of course it's been scorching hot the entire time. Us Americans and our thirsty-ass foliage! It's a bit overkill.
I decided I must obtain some childhood classic films. The My Little Pony movie, Fluppy Dogs, Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, and the two Unico movies. Thus far I have bid on and won the My Little Pony one. I haven’t seen it in like, eight or nine years..that should be awesome to watch again. I shall have an interesting DVD collection one of these days.
Last night I went to meet Allison and Jill at First Friday, where I also saw the majority of my friends. We wandered around a lot and I acquired a pink carnation and some chocolate cake. Allison compared it to a bar. Much drinking and socializing and flirting going on. It’s freaking crazy. There was a mob of skater punks swarming a parking lot, yogis and yoginis practicing in the street, dogs and babies running amuck, and other stuff. Allison and I went into gorge dog. I was browsing for a basset sticker when I found a bulldog sticker. There’s an ongoing inside joke between Allison and Luke and I about a bulldog, and she and I had the same bolt of inspiration hit us. We ended up running into Luke and Allison slyly asked where he had parked. After going to the Crazy Pepper so all but me could partake of alcohol (I was apologetically told to scoot back from the bar into the carpeted section), she, Jill, and I went about trying to locate Luke’s truck. It was an adventure a good thirty minutes in the making, and we basically resorted to stalking the strolling Luke and friend by Jeep, in an attempt to figure out the locale of his truck. It was unsuccessful, but hilariously entertaining. We’ll have to wait ‘till Monday to execute the plan.
Tuesday night = White Stripes! I found out Cake is coming to the Crystal Ballroom in early September. Doubt if I will seriously look into that though. I want to get an MP3 player (zen micro or IPod mini?) and am contemplating a CD player for my vehicle.
We had an owl show up in our yard a while back. At first I thought it could be a great gray, but with a little help from google I determined it was an immature barred owl. It was eating moths in the dog yard, and let us approach very close to get photos, one of which I shall post. Pretty neat - that's the third species of owl I've seen around here, but the next morning I found it dead in a tree. I'm thinking it either was injured or ate a poisoned rodent.
Last weekend through wednesday I house sat in town. It would have been a lot funner, but I fell ill with one of my typical 102 fever/headache/sore throat sicknesses. That prevented me from doing anything but lazing about watching movies and listening to music and working on my lavender wand for 2.5 days. I was overworking and undersleeping is all. No hallucinations this time. Although I did experience a three-pronged dream sequence when I was better. Of murder, unrequited love, and a grizzly bear. Yep, seriously. I was able to recall the details quite well, even the luster of the bear's fur in the sun. Oh yeah, I dream in color.
When I felt better and less contagious I contacted friends. We walked around downtown and they proceeded to whisk me away to westside to encourage divulging of inside information. I told 'em the truth. I am finding it easier to talk to people..about everything really. Which is definitely a good thing. While house sitting I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding, which was better and funnier than I expected, as well as Frida, about a Mexican artist (I had seen a documentary about her a year or so ago which intrigued me). That is an excellent and thoroughly artistic film, which I recommend. I copied some of her music to my computer. Jeff Buckley, Jane's Addiction, The Dandy Warhols, and Beck. I am liking Beck quite a bit.
Am entrenched in a watering job still. And of course it's been scorching hot the entire time. Us Americans and our thirsty-ass foliage! It's a bit overkill.
I decided I must obtain some childhood classic films. The My Little Pony movie, Fluppy Dogs, Rainbow Brite and the Star Stealer, and the two Unico movies. Thus far I have bid on and won the My Little Pony one. I haven’t seen it in like, eight or nine years..that should be awesome to watch again. I shall have an interesting DVD collection one of these days.
Last night I went to meet Allison and Jill at First Friday, where I also saw the majority of my friends. We wandered around a lot and I acquired a pink carnation and some chocolate cake. Allison compared it to a bar. Much drinking and socializing and flirting going on. It’s freaking crazy. There was a mob of skater punks swarming a parking lot, yogis and yoginis practicing in the street, dogs and babies running amuck, and other stuff. Allison and I went into gorge dog. I was browsing for a basset sticker when I found a bulldog sticker. There’s an ongoing inside joke between Allison and Luke and I about a bulldog, and she and I had the same bolt of inspiration hit us. We ended up running into Luke and Allison slyly asked where he had parked. After going to the Crazy Pepper so all but me could partake of alcohol (I was apologetically told to scoot back from the bar into the carpeted section), she, Jill, and I went about trying to locate Luke’s truck. It was an adventure a good thirty minutes in the making, and we basically resorted to stalking the strolling Luke and friend by Jeep, in an attempt to figure out the locale of his truck. It was unsuccessful, but hilariously entertaining. We’ll have to wait ‘till Monday to execute the plan.
Tuesday night = White Stripes! I found out Cake is coming to the Crystal Ballroom in early September. Doubt if I will seriously look into that though. I want to get an MP3 player (zen micro or IPod mini?) and am contemplating a CD player for my vehicle.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home