Becky has arrived. Along with an adorable pink mini IPod, might I add. My only concern is its lack of ergonomics.
Yesterday we were tourists and visited two fruit loop stops. We obtained organic bartletts (saw a large fluffy coyote en route) and large cookays sweetened with fruit juice. We also spotted two deer near the highway heading home. We then proceeded on an epic quest to pick blackberries. Luckily the patch is still going strong; some aren't even ripe yet. We picked enough for a pie. We saw a treefrog perched on a leaf and a garter snake that just shed its skin. Also Randy the llama, who appeared mysteriously on the other side of the electric fence. I was questioning this and Becky finally saw that he was indeed outside the boundary. He was staring at us with his prehensile lips and ears tipped forward as llamas will do, and slipped, unaffected, back in. He never took his eyes away from us. It was totally like he was saying, "you didn't see anything." After obtaining the snakeskin for the heck of it, we went back home to drop off the supple berries, which were leaking through the plastic bag we'd brought. One of Tim's good friends and his nephew came by. The nephew had shot a large cougar and they needed Tim's help in skinning out the face so the FW could tag it. Huge tom cougar...weighed at least 160 pounds. That's about as big as they get around here. Becky and I returned with actual coffee tins for more berries..for jam. So we picked about a coffee can and a half and then headed for home again.
Skipping back awhile, First Friday was fairly happenin.' I was wharflessless and heard that Alex Arrowsmith was in town and would be performing solo, so I couldn't miss that. It was most excellent. And he even had a large canine barking at the back door during "Hold on to the Wolves." He can kill his enemies with his mind...AND speak to animals! I'm appalled and amazed.
This is my last week of work..crazy. It's gone by incredibly fast. So, it seems as if my summer has also gone by too swiftly. I haven't even gotten my freakin' promissory notes in! Anyway, I still can't decide about California - should I just stay and get down to campus early? There's so much I still need to do. Like, mentally prepare for another round of whirlwind classes! I'm going to miss the poultry.
Yesterday we were tourists and visited two fruit loop stops. We obtained organic bartletts (saw a large fluffy coyote en route) and large cookays sweetened with fruit juice. We also spotted two deer near the highway heading home. We then proceeded on an epic quest to pick blackberries. Luckily the patch is still going strong; some aren't even ripe yet. We picked enough for a pie. We saw a treefrog perched on a leaf and a garter snake that just shed its skin. Also Randy the llama, who appeared mysteriously on the other side of the electric fence. I was questioning this and Becky finally saw that he was indeed outside the boundary. He was staring at us with his prehensile lips and ears tipped forward as llamas will do, and slipped, unaffected, back in. He never took his eyes away from us. It was totally like he was saying, "you didn't see anything." After obtaining the snakeskin for the heck of it, we went back home to drop off the supple berries, which were leaking through the plastic bag we'd brought. One of Tim's good friends and his nephew came by. The nephew had shot a large cougar and they needed Tim's help in skinning out the face so the FW could tag it. Huge tom cougar...weighed at least 160 pounds. That's about as big as they get around here. Becky and I returned with actual coffee tins for more berries..for jam. So we picked about a coffee can and a half and then headed for home again.
Skipping back awhile, First Friday was fairly happenin.' I was wharflessless and heard that Alex Arrowsmith was in town and would be performing solo, so I couldn't miss that. It was most excellent. And he even had a large canine barking at the back door during "Hold on to the Wolves." He can kill his enemies with his mind...AND speak to animals! I'm appalled and amazed.
This is my last week of work..crazy. It's gone by incredibly fast. So, it seems as if my summer has also gone by too swiftly. I haven't even gotten my freakin' promissory notes in! Anyway, I still can't decide about California - should I just stay and get down to campus early? There's so much I still need to do. Like, mentally prepare for another round of whirlwind classes! I'm going to miss the poultry.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home