Wow the time flies by..next week is Thanksgiving already. I'm finished with midterms. Here's a few highlights of what's been going on as of late:
I went to Sunriver with FW Club..we helped a biologist with a habitat restoration project and stream survey, saw some spotted frogs trapped and tagged, and went to the high desert museum. There was a goodly amount of snow over the mountainous region - over a foot. A neat change from the ever-present rain. As evidenced by the photo, we had a pack of four juvenile raccoons visit. It was quite enjoyable, I think I was the only one to abstain from drinking (including the coons) which made it rather interesting. I did practice my gamecube mario kart skills. Oh, and I've totally beat Matt at rainbow road TWICE. Heck yes.
This last weekend I went to Sauvie Island once again to volunteer with ODFW at a hunter check station (we took brain tissue to be tested for chronic wasting disease and incisors for age structure)..this time we were set up for the first weekend of Roosevelt elk season though. So we got 13 elk in, which was pretty cool. A big five point and a lot of spike bulls. The biggest elk was packed out in the back of a little Honda. Then I got a classic photo of a truck with an ATV in the bed, game bags on top, and the license place "Huntn." I'm going to get internship credit for it too, say yay for that. Once again endured the sulphury/rusty water of the hunt house. That place needs some serious maintenance. But it was certainly better than camping; we turned all the heaters on full blast.
I'm getting classes lined up for next term: calculus for management and social science, biology, a philosophy class focusing on environmental values, and either public speaking or English comp. Not particularly fun, but it has to get done. Yeah, I pretty much freaking can't wait for Thanksgiving. I want free-range turk-ay! The biology professor mentioned giant molluscs today.
I went to Sunriver with FW Club..we helped a biologist with a habitat restoration project and stream survey, saw some spotted frogs trapped and tagged, and went to the high desert museum. There was a goodly amount of snow over the mountainous region - over a foot. A neat change from the ever-present rain. As evidenced by the photo, we had a pack of four juvenile raccoons visit. It was quite enjoyable, I think I was the only one to abstain from drinking (including the coons) which made it rather interesting. I did practice my gamecube mario kart skills. Oh, and I've totally beat Matt at rainbow road TWICE. Heck yes.
This last weekend I went to Sauvie Island once again to volunteer with ODFW at a hunter check station (we took brain tissue to be tested for chronic wasting disease and incisors for age structure)..this time we were set up for the first weekend of Roosevelt elk season though. So we got 13 elk in, which was pretty cool. A big five point and a lot of spike bulls. The biggest elk was packed out in the back of a little Honda. Then I got a classic photo of a truck with an ATV in the bed, game bags on top, and the license place "Huntn." I'm going to get internship credit for it too, say yay for that. Once again endured the sulphury/rusty water of the hunt house. That place needs some serious maintenance. But it was certainly better than camping; we turned all the heaters on full blast.
I'm getting classes lined up for next term: calculus for management and social science, biology, a philosophy class focusing on environmental values, and either public speaking or English comp. Not particularly fun, but it has to get done. Yeah, I pretty much freaking can't wait for Thanksgiving. I want free-range turk-ay! The biology professor mentioned giant molluscs today.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home