Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Monday, December 26, 2005

Well, Christmas has once again passed. Each year it becomes less eventful! I used to camp out in Becker's room Christmas eve and we'd listen to festive tunes on the radio and talked until we fell asleep. Then we'd get up at the crack o' dawn, rouse mum and dad, and discover the traditional walnuts and oranges in our stocking, along with other, more wanted stuffers. Then it was on to the large gifts.

This year I was in the Hood housesitting a deaf dog and a cat named after a Mexican artist that vomits a lot for Christmas eve. But, I had my newly received copy of Me Talk Pretty One Day (If you haven't yet discovered David Sedaris, please do) and relief from constant pummeling of Christmas songs. So, it was not bad. Oh, and there was a truly pudgy fox squirrel that I saw twice while I was there, it was straight out of The Sword in the Stone (except orangeish).

Earlier in the week Matt came out for a visit for a few days. I received the most adorable plush dormouse ever. We watched movies, listened to Ben Folds Five and The Decemberists, and while in PD, walked the hush puppy, fed alpacas, battled with snowballs, and here's the highlight: we ate cougar steak!! From that huge cougar the kid who knows a friend of Tim's shot. It was good too. I was completely unsure of how it would taste, but even unadulterated by marinade it was quite excellent.

Now I don't know what I want to do with the rest of my break. I do want to get some paintbrushes as I have newly-obtained watercolor paper. Now I just need the motivation and discipline.

If you didn't see the SNL with Jack Black, do!! There's an insanely awesome rap about Narnia and cupcakes! "Mr. Pibb and Red Vines = crazy delicious!"

2 Comments:

  • At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    if you didn't know, you can get the narnia video free from the itunes store.

     
  • At 2:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    The Narnia rap is the best! It floated around the New Yorkers LJ comm as the one bright spot in lives during the strike.

    And happy belated birthday! I've been running around getting everything to go back to school that I almost forgot. Sorry that it's late though... :(

    -Sherry

     

Post a Comment

<< Home