Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, April 06, 2006

It's spring term, classes more or less are icky, and the weather is improving. I've essentially abandoned this site but I'm not in the mood to teach myself chemistry at the moment so here's what I did over the break...

Saturday through Sunday: road trip in the backseat of a pickup with mum and Tim. We went to St. Maries, Idaho where Tim sold some frozen otters to Eidnes Taxidermy and Tannery. I perused the antlers and ended up with two of these deer particles as well as a fierce lion claw.
Monday: Home. Mum and I hiked in the east hills of Pine Grove and I found two deer antlers, one from several years back bleached and half-buried, and a newly shed three-point.
Tuesday: Journeyed to meet Matt at his house. We hurriedly ate Chinese food and then drove into Portland to see Guster at the Roseland. Directions became useless but we made it. Up-and-coming opener for the show: David Berkeley. I've become slightly addicted to his live album. Listen.
Wednesday-Sunday: Consisted of hiking and antler hunting, relaxing, telling unscary ghost stories at night/early morning, television/movie watching, watercoloring, and observing our geologically themed chickens.

It was a superb spring break despite the fact that a blood-sucking beast managed to attach itself to my back while hiking Oak Ridge. But now I'm back here. I'll be jubilant for summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home