Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I am back from Corvallis, where I had a lovely time with the F'nW (Fish and Wildlife, that is)people. I can't believe this, but I am actually anticipating with joy the return to school, because I'm finally finding people that I want to hang out with.

I arrived around 8 last night, and found Matt M's place no problem. So I called him, but he and other people were near Nash playing frisbee golf, so I drove over there. Ian, Matt, Emily, and (person I'd never met before) Eben were there. We headed over to American Dream where an artichoke heart pizza was ordered and everyone else got beer. I had a little rotund bottle of apple juice. We stayed there for quite a while, and Sasha from last year's leadership team came by. We all headed to Matt's place after that, where we hung out with Hayden and his girlfriend (I recognized her from my women's studies class last year!) and sat around marveling at and taking turns in the hammock in his room. We listened to tunes and to Matt and Eben playing a large bass-y drum. They were quite skilled at it. And who knows about tuva? Eben is good at it -crazy. Everyone was drinking something. I felt slightly out of place, until I got my smiley face mug of water. I went to bed around 1, but due to noise of people and drums didn't actually sleep until later.

Today I got up around 8 and Matt and Claire and I went to Interzone, where I got a bagel and mocha. Emily was already there. We then headed over to Nash for the meeting, which lasted until noon. It was productive. I'm going to organize a trip to Jewell elk refuge in November. And our first trip is a whale watching/aquarium/beach clean-up thing, which should be amazing. After that Emily and I went to a really nice farmer's market where I got meadowfoam honey, which supposedly has a vanilla aftertaste. Then we went to a chinese take-out place and got a yummy vegetarian lunch. She's going to host an "I know what you did last summer" shindig sometime after classes start where we'll all get together to share photos via a large screen. I went back to Matt's and packed up. I pretty much beat the rush hour. Yay for a successful trip.

Tomorrow it's work and Friday it's off to Washington for a three night camping excursion. Yesss s'mores.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home