Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, August 25, 2006

Well, today was a typical work day, except for a whole hour and fifteen minutes I got to click "yes" in response to a computer prompt every six seconds. It was an automatic email, and after Allison put in an hour and a half with it, she handed me the mouse and took off. It was a message that asked something like "a program is trying to send an email on your behalf. Would you like to allow this?" Allison calculated that it would take an hour and a half, since there were about 900 email addresses. But no, it kept going and going...and my Ipod ran out of power, and I didn't have my phone to call people and whine, and there was no end in sight. Luckily I called her and she said I could just stop. Who knows what was going on with that. It was probably just sending it to the same people twice or something crazy. I then had to enter data from the pears I evaluated yesterday and today into Excel, and that was ridiculously tedious. I was super happy to get out of there today, and I have tomorrow off!

This evening I saw my dad and uncle. Dad and I went to Families in the Park where we were entertained by Tina Turner and Neil Diamond impersonators. They were actually really good, but it's just not really my thing. Especially when dad wants to stand up and shout and sing along. He's cool like that, but I'm not the type to do such things (especially when I'm not even that familiar with the music). But it was a good time. After getting chilled there, we went to Rosauers so I could get milk and chocolate and natural bread. I saw Jonathan, and he informed me of his annoying hours tomorrow/today. We were going to try to do something tomorrow afternoon. Well, we talked via phone tonight and I suggested breakfast, so we agreed on that. I'm going to make wahfles! It should be a decent time.

Oo, yesterday I took myself on a stick shift driving lesson and saw a coyote in a field on Baseline. It was acting all stealthy and blending in with the tall grass. I'm totally getting the hang of the clutch finally..of course the ultimate test is when I see an animal, can I find a place to turn around at in a succinct manner and actually do it so I can get a better look? I was able to, so yay for that.

Not much else to report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home