Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ew my goodness, today was a little slice of boredom to the verge of mental pain. This morning I picked around 450 freaking pear and apple leaves from various blocks, and then I scrutinized them in the afternoon. That's 15 bags of 30 leaves each, and each one took about 20 minutes. It was nearly unbearable. The Ipod is definitely my saving grace. I'm actually so glad I didn't have this job for the whole summer - I'm ready to be done with sampling and microscope work. This weekend I hope to concoct some plans for fun. Perhaps some hiking. And wednesday I'm taking the trapping education test, so I have to study up for that (I've already read the manual, now I just have to study notecards and do some skimming). One more week and I'm back in Corvallis. Hard to believe. I think it's going to be a good year though. I hope my roommate isn't annoying. I signed up with someone I knew from last year, but she apparently backed out, so I have someone I don't know at all, probably a freshman. Here's hoping that she shares my hatred of country and Christian music.

Not much else going on - I'm still working on the grizzly bear painting - I just have the right eye to do and the fish's tail, which I need to figure out, since in the photo it isn't visible and I can't exactly have a tail-less fish. Hopefully I can get to the wildlife clinic at least a couple more times before I leave, since I haven't been there in so long. There's bound to be more new and adorable patients waiting to be bottle-fed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home