Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Tomorrow's my last work day! I'm anticipating with joy my final hour at the experiment station. It grows monotonous. Today I looked through earwig domiciles and recorded everything unfortunate enough to crawl in them (they were placed in the freezer a couple days ago). Allison was back from Spain..a dude got shot and killed about 20 feet from her during her first day! Gypsies, they said. I also looked through pears for damage and did some routine maintenance in the insectory. Lots of moldy apples to be thrown out.
Tomorrow Allison is taking me out to lunch, which is nifty. And yes, I totally deserve Stone Henge (her words, not mine. But it's true, with all the crappy work I had to do with her away). But we're going to Andrew's, because I really do enjoy their pizza. I hope to get most of my non-clothes stuff packed up tomorrow, and I'm going to give the ol' jeep a wash and wax on Saturday, which should consume a good portion of daylight. I must get up to the logging road before I go. It's sad I really haven't hiked around here much this summer.

Oh, I totally got my trapping license. I'm completely going to trap a bobcat. Technically I missed two out of 60, but I know that one of their answers was wrong.

I recently acquired music from The Shaky Hands via the postman. I'm definitely admiring their tunes. I also received a small pin depicting an aunt-like figure holding an ancient camera and reading "yoni kifoe." I still haven't figured that one out yet, but it's random as hell and will occupy backback space.

I want to be in Corvallis now. Strangely. I want to have a life of sociability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home