SO, I've been really lazy in updating. But nothing worth writing about has occurred, much to my dismay. We're over half way through the term and I'm done with my midterms (all two of them). And I did ridiculously well on them due to my excessive studying - anxiety - excessive studying cycles.
I've decided to forego the southwestern North American spring break trip. I got to thinking I really didn't want to be camping with 28 other people in the desert for 7 nights. I'm a wimp, I know. There was part of me that felt it's what I should do, like it would be a good challenge, a new experience. And then there was the part of me that thought I'd probably be tense and unable to relax and uncomfortable physically and mentally for the majority of the trip, that I'd be going solely because I felt I should. So, I am going home, and I'm happy about it. I'm going to practice selective, organized camping for one or two nights within a bubble of comfortable bed-sleeping on either side. I probably wouldn't get to make whole wheat pancakes with blueberries, walnuts, AND chocolate chips on that group trip anyway. Also I felt like the highlight of the trip was something I couldn't do anyway (snorkeling with sea lions). Perhaps I'm a hermit who will never find true happiness and will continue to hide from other people. But honestly I feel like I am a truly antisocial person and it's very hard for me to feel genuinely enthused and interested about others. That's the harsh truth people. DEAL.
Anywho, Valentines Day was fun. Matt and I exchanged gifts - him by surprising me by leaving a bouquet, 554 hand punched little hearts with a large heart-shaped note which I am not divulging the details of here, and three different types of truffles (five of each) on my desk (Matt's the best boyfriend ever). For his birthday, I took him out to McMenamins. My Blueberi Lemonade was not very blueberryish! Next time I'm getting a white russian gosh darn it. But their gardenburgers are amazing. I hate to admit it, but gardenburgers really benefit from a healthy globule of mayo. The next night his mom came over and we went to The Gables, a rather pricey but worth it sort of restaurant. I had already eaten dinner so ordered a chocolate pecan praline tort, which was incredible. It was a large slab, and although I could've eaten the whole thing, I let Matt finish it off for fear of gulit.
Saturday night we went to Nearly Normal's, which is my new favorite restaurant because it's all vegetarian and incredible. I got a dish called Gado Gado, which consisted of brown rice with steamed veggies in a peanut sauce. It was scrumptious. Matt got Athena's Delight, which was basically a mediterranean pizza in a whole wheat tortilla. Also, fresh squeezed honey lemonade. I HEART food.
I finished Carnivorous Nights. Now I'm sad it's not longer. It is a must read for anyone interested in Australian/Tasmanian flora and fauna. Conversational, creative, easy reader, but with tons of biological facts. Plus you can't beat illustrations from a pot-smoking New York artist made from pulverized land leech, his own blood, and coffee grounds.
I've decided to forego the southwestern North American spring break trip. I got to thinking I really didn't want to be camping with 28 other people in the desert for 7 nights. I'm a wimp, I know. There was part of me that felt it's what I should do, like it would be a good challenge, a new experience. And then there was the part of me that thought I'd probably be tense and unable to relax and uncomfortable physically and mentally for the majority of the trip, that I'd be going solely because I felt I should. So, I am going home, and I'm happy about it. I'm going to practice selective, organized camping for one or two nights within a bubble of comfortable bed-sleeping on either side. I probably wouldn't get to make whole wheat pancakes with blueberries, walnuts, AND chocolate chips on that group trip anyway. Also I felt like the highlight of the trip was something I couldn't do anyway (snorkeling with sea lions). Perhaps I'm a hermit who will never find true happiness and will continue to hide from other people. But honestly I feel like I am a truly antisocial person and it's very hard for me to feel genuinely enthused and interested about others. That's the harsh truth people. DEAL.
Anywho, Valentines Day was fun. Matt and I exchanged gifts - him by surprising me by leaving a bouquet, 554 hand punched little hearts with a large heart-shaped note which I am not divulging the details of here, and three different types of truffles (five of each) on my desk (Matt's the best boyfriend ever). For his birthday, I took him out to McMenamins. My Blueberi Lemonade was not very blueberryish! Next time I'm getting a white russian gosh darn it. But their gardenburgers are amazing. I hate to admit it, but gardenburgers really benefit from a healthy globule of mayo. The next night his mom came over and we went to The Gables, a rather pricey but worth it sort of restaurant. I had already eaten dinner so ordered a chocolate pecan praline tort, which was incredible. It was a large slab, and although I could've eaten the whole thing, I let Matt finish it off for fear of gulit.
Saturday night we went to Nearly Normal's, which is my new favorite restaurant because it's all vegetarian and incredible. I got a dish called Gado Gado, which consisted of brown rice with steamed veggies in a peanut sauce. It was scrumptious. Matt got Athena's Delight, which was basically a mediterranean pizza in a whole wheat tortilla. Also, fresh squeezed honey lemonade. I HEART food.
I finished Carnivorous Nights. Now I'm sad it's not longer. It is a must read for anyone interested in Australian/Tasmanian flora and fauna. Conversational, creative, easy reader, but with tons of biological facts. Plus you can't beat illustrations from a pot-smoking New York artist made from pulverized land leech, his own blood, and coffee grounds.


2 Comments:
At 2:20 PM ,
Anonymous said...
well your basic nature is hard to fight...on the plus side, you can entertain yourself and you like your own company :-) You DO like some people...you just like them in small doses.
At 7:32 PM ,
Becky said...
And I would just like to point out, that it would be impossible for you *not* to enjoy my company. ;)
Enjoyed your post -- you're such a character, Mer.
Post a Comment
<< Home