Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

So, I had my wisdom teeth surgically extracted last Friday. The process was nifty, but recovering hasn't been. Their prescription pain medications did more harm than good to me, and I've hardly taken anything since - the pain has been very minimal actually. I started irrigating today. It's terribly exciting.
I have been super lazy from my ordeal of teeth up until yesterday when I took a hike. I sat in the woods for a while, listening to a neurotic pine squirrel chirp for about 20 minutes, hoping it would attract a predator. I got really cold.
Today Matt and I took another hike up to the logging road and had fun breaking ice and skating about on a ginormous frozen puddle. We took some photos. It's very beautiful up there, the snow (about 3") is coated in long ice crystals - never seen anything like it before. It's like walking on little stalag(t?)(m?)ites. Tim has eight bobcat cage traps set and we haven't caught one yet. Despite the fact that there are tons of fresh bobcat tracks all over the canal trail! Rather disappointing.

The Shins concert was superb. Matt and I had dinner at Thai Orchid and then went to Powell's where I purchased a small book light so I could stand in line with entertainment. We got there an hour and a half before doors opened so got to rest our hands on the stage. I got some decent photos of the band and recorded part of "New Slang."

Starting tomorrow I am house-sitting for Jill again. Matt and I shall see Apocalypto and then Friday I'll take him to Troutdale to meet his mom. Friday night = fun party at Joe's :) Yay for actually getting to do something out of the ordinary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home