Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nothing too pulse-jarring has occurred lately. Today Tim and I set the bobcat cage trap in our backyard; two days ago we hauled it over to a promising looking spot (near bobcat tracks) and wired it open with dead skunks inside. Tim set three more in various locales around the upper valley today; we're sure to capture one soon. I'm going to learn how to skin a bobcat.
Also today I got my hair cut. The layers were annoying me, so I had it all evened out. I then went to Dog River Coffee and had a pumpkin latte (very good). Then I went grocery shopping. Jonathan was there (he's seriously always there) bagging groceries next to the aisle I was in but I don't think he saw me. I swear he's oblivious!

My break has been filled with shouts of anger at the dial-up internet connection here, walks in the slushy snow, movies, and lazing about the house. Oh, and watching the tragic news over and over again, as we have three channels. I'm reading White Noise now and mom and I concur - the recent situations really agree with its message. People love their tragedy - as long as it's not happening to them. Thursday (I think) I went on a hike on the logging road and found two trails of bear tracks. On the way back I paused to survey the field below the "new" bridge and spotted a coyote trotting west along the old fence. It saw me and took off across the field (doesn't seem too intelligent to cross the whole field when it could have just gone into the woods near the fence!). It was a ways down there but I could hear its paws hitting the snow. It paused several times to look at me.

Yesterday was a crazy shopping extravaganza in the dalles. I purchased fancy undergarments. Before you decide on any conclusions, let me just say that I got a pair of unicorn underwear. Also went to the office supply store and played with cameras. The Rebel XTi feels sooo nice in my hands..it's pretty much amazing, and pretty much too expensive. The body alone is $800. Then there's the 200 mm image stabilizing lens to think about. Probably nearly as expensive. I might end up going with the S3 IS, still a good step up from what I have with 12X optical zoom and 6 megapixels. I can wish anyway.

Well, tomorrow I'm going to Newberg in the morning and Matt and I are going to spend the day in Portland and will see The Shins! Yay. Maybe I can purchase another animal-themed shirt.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love that you're reading White Noise, too! One of my favs.

    We'll have to talk after you finish it! I'm esp. fond of the supermarket scenes... and the Most Famous Barn... and the airborne toxic event...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home