Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas was very good this year. I received vast quantities of edible goods, such as chocolate and cinnamon grahams and roasted soybeans. From grandma I received financial help for my new camera (if I get to go to Africa, it’s going to be the Canon S3 IS for its portability and excellent reviews – but I’m not forgetting about an SLR, which I hope to purchase within the next couple years). From mum I received a Discovery Channel book on Namibia (she’s really getting excited at the prospect of this internship, as am I), Decade of the Wolf, a natural phenomena of the sky factoid book, Amelie, a super plush cranberry colored cardigan, and numerous other small items.

Oh, and Mundy Live and Confusion DVD/CD set receives its own paragraph. It’s superb. It’s probably the closest I’ll come to seeing him live, as he certainly doesn’t seem to have a formal following here in the US (boo!). Mundy, aka Edmond Enright, has endearing and charming dimples. Oh my goodness!

Beckers found me a cute knit cap not unlike her own that I’ve been tempted to confiscate and she also gave me her adorable gap khaki jacket and tons of rather portable food items. From Tim I got a set of Varmint Control magnets for the jeep and a very nice set of mule deer antlers with the legal documentation still attached. All in all, a bountiful Christmas. Believe it or not, I derived much enjoyment from shopping for other people too. It seems funny to list one’s holiday bounty, but then, what else to post? Mum was super excited about her peppermint Dr. Bronner’s.

After much duress and some panic, I located my ipod. It WAS in my laptop tote, but in a pouch I’d forgotten was there. Good thing too – that ipod’s been just like a pod to me. I’d hate to have to replace it.

In happenings, mum and I built a superb snowperson in the woods yesterday. It’s pretty cute. It has a rather flexible branch with bits of seafoam green moss for a smile and pinecone eyes. Friday I attended Joe’s Solstice Shindig which was fun but not exactly a non-social person’s cup of tea. They’ve two german shepherds! Lucky. I saw three deer and one unidentified smallish animal via travel. Today I finished the house/petsitting job in the Hood. It was kind of fun having a dog around the house that I actually don’t mind. Snooks is just downright annoying. I think she needs a visit from the Dog Whisperer. Last night I finished White Noise. Good book. I’d recommend it to friends.

Tim can’t catch a bobcat. It seems one managed to take the beaver meat out of one trap, which would explain why we haven’t caught anything in that tried and true location. I did get to skin a pretty muskrat caught for a damage complaint though (weakening bank of fish pond).

It seems like I had something important to say. Oh well! Hope ya’ll have had a nice and relaxin’ break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home