I have a massive headache which I believe is a side-effect of the rabies vaccine (yay though, for one step closer to Africa and rabid kudu) and I don't want to study right now, thus, a quick blog.
Several exceedingly entertaining animal encounters have graced my life the last few days.
The other night I found a black manx cat at the door (in addition to Matt) so I snuck the cat into our room, got a 15 minute session of feline therapy through petting, and returned the affectionate creature to the recycling bin area. I wish our house could have an actual (furry) pet. Later I went into the walk-in fridge to get him a slice of turkey, felt like a closet carnivore when I came out with it to find Amanda walking through the kitchen, but then realized she'd come to prepare a bed for the cat. So I watched it eat and it curled up in a blanketed box. Awww.
Yesterday as I was preparing for class, I heard a deep, distinctively hound-produced bark. I looked out my window and sure enough a guy was pedaling a bicycle with a foxhound-like dog running alongside. As they passed, the cart on the back of the bike came into view, and guess what was standing in the cart? A freaking basset hound. An ingenious way to exercise the longer-legged hound efficiently while letting your basset gets some fresh air as a basset's top speed is generally 1 mph.
Today as I came back from picking up my travel medicine prescriptions, I spotted a fluffy gray squirrel crossing the street with a large spherical object in its mouth. I soon realized it was another squirrel (either the carrier turned to cannibalism or was carrying its young). It looked absolutely ridiculous, because it was literally balled up and tucked into its mouth as much as possible, but the thing was still a huge burden, probably half the carrier's weight. All I could really see of its features were a paw or two and a bit of tail fur - otherwise it was just a gray nondescript fuzz ball. It was even more entertaining to see the astonished looks from other passersby as it maneuvered through the system of sidewalks.
Several exceedingly entertaining animal encounters have graced my life the last few days.
The other night I found a black manx cat at the door (in addition to Matt) so I snuck the cat into our room, got a 15 minute session of feline therapy through petting, and returned the affectionate creature to the recycling bin area. I wish our house could have an actual (furry) pet. Later I went into the walk-in fridge to get him a slice of turkey, felt like a closet carnivore when I came out with it to find Amanda walking through the kitchen, but then realized she'd come to prepare a bed for the cat. So I watched it eat and it curled up in a blanketed box. Awww.
Yesterday as I was preparing for class, I heard a deep, distinctively hound-produced bark. I looked out my window and sure enough a guy was pedaling a bicycle with a foxhound-like dog running alongside. As they passed, the cart on the back of the bike came into view, and guess what was standing in the cart? A freaking basset hound. An ingenious way to exercise the longer-legged hound efficiently while letting your basset gets some fresh air as a basset's top speed is generally 1 mph.
Today as I came back from picking up my travel medicine prescriptions, I spotted a fluffy gray squirrel crossing the street with a large spherical object in its mouth. I soon realized it was another squirrel (either the carrier turned to cannibalism or was carrying its young). It looked absolutely ridiculous, because it was literally balled up and tucked into its mouth as much as possible, but the thing was still a huge burden, probably half the carrier's weight. All I could really see of its features were a paw or two and a bit of tail fur - otherwise it was just a gray nondescript fuzz ball. It was even more entertaining to see the astonished looks from other passersby as it maneuvered through the system of sidewalks.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home