Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Damn it! Why won't you pupate?! This is what I want to ask my fat-ass cranefly larvae, if only they could understand. They've been rummaging around their little yogurt cup consuming lettuce leaf after lettuce leaf, and they just keep growing larger and more disturbing. I want them to get it over with and transform their lazy grub-like selves into craneflies.

Anyway, as you can tell, I've recently become obsessed with insects. My collection for class is definitely complete, but there's always room for extra credit. Last weekend I skipped class on Friday and went home early, and I collected a good number of bugs, one of which is a really sweet Mourning Cloak butterfly. The lab teacher pinned it and spread its wings for me as I was too afraid of damaging it. It looks pretty regal. Speaking of bugs, right outside of Azalea on the sidewalk is the most gorgeous dragonfly, with banded wings and everything, hopelessly squished. I haven't even freaking seen a dragonfly yet this year! It would have been awesome for my collection. Back to home - Mum and I took a bike ride one evening - I haven't been on a bike in years, but it was super fun. We made it to the end of Miller in like 18 minutes. Bicycles definitely have their advantages. You just have to be careful of newts.

Anyway, in other news, the term is going well. Tomorrow I'm going to see The Decemberists in Eugene again. Hopefully I'll be able to drag myself to my 8:00 class on Friday...we shall see. Tonight on Letterman = Ben Kweller! I'm addicted now.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    I've gotta say: I vote for *not* going to class at 8 am. Unless you've been up all night and have your third wind, and just go "to bed" in the middle of the morning... =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home