Andrew suggested I blog cryptically about my previous day. So I guess I will.
After the family reunion ("Hey, I guess I'm your cousin. Hi. Bye.") I headed out for Justin's. I got out of the reunion later than I had anticipated (which really I should have expected with the presence of family members I haven't seen in years or ever) so we pretty much left for the movie right when I got there. Oh but first his mom gave me this incredible sugar cookie with white chocolate frosting, walnuts, and cranberries. Seriously delectable. We saw Juno, which is a very funny and adorable movie.
"You're really cool and you don't even try."
"I try really hard."
After the movie we went out to eat at a Mongolian Grill. At first I was rather taken aback by the
We interrupt this blog to bring you "vegetarians gone wild." Becky was just like, "you know what I'm going to get? Some salami." Yeah, we really used to like this dry Gallo salami, and apparently Christmas is as good an excuse as any to cheat on our already quasi vegetarianism...
little buckets of raw beef, chicken, and whatnot. I was also highly confused about the whole mixing of all these ingredients into bowls. But hey, those people that tend the grill and fry up your food know what they're doing. It was pretty good. I had some snow cod. Justin had both beef and shrimp and I obviously have my work cut out for me :) But hey, I just ate some freaking salami.
We drove around on the backroads for a while after dinner...looking at the rain. Yes, that's what we were doing...
I really really didn't want to go home and I was becoming tired anyway, plus the drive there was a little slice of heck in the driving rain and wind. We were both rather mischevious in our scheming and I got to spend the night.
Today was kind of confusing, and I wanted to redeem the morning's disappointments somehow but felt like I had already overstayed my welcome as the family was having a gathering and needed help with readying the house for guests. Things turned out ok though, and we had cereal and I got to try Asian instant coffee.
Tonight we had the traditional Christmas eve get together with Tim's family. And Beck and I opened one package each from mum. We both got handmade knit scarves and handmade aprons with appropriate fabric for each of us. And I also got a pillowcase she made from African animal fabric. So freaking nifty...I commented to Becky that these are homemade gifts I actually wanted.
And yeah, the point of Christmas is generally completely bypassed by the frantic consumerism and desire to keep up appearances, especially during the hosting of events. Fuck that!
After the family reunion ("Hey, I guess I'm your cousin. Hi. Bye.") I headed out for Justin's. I got out of the reunion later than I had anticipated (which really I should have expected with the presence of family members I haven't seen in years or ever) so we pretty much left for the movie right when I got there. Oh but first his mom gave me this incredible sugar cookie with white chocolate frosting, walnuts, and cranberries. Seriously delectable. We saw Juno, which is a very funny and adorable movie.
"You're really cool and you don't even try."
"I try really hard."
After the movie we went out to eat at a Mongolian Grill. At first I was rather taken aback by the
We interrupt this blog to bring you "vegetarians gone wild." Becky was just like, "you know what I'm going to get? Some salami." Yeah, we really used to like this dry Gallo salami, and apparently Christmas is as good an excuse as any to cheat on our already quasi vegetarianism...
little buckets of raw beef, chicken, and whatnot. I was also highly confused about the whole mixing of all these ingredients into bowls. But hey, those people that tend the grill and fry up your food know what they're doing. It was pretty good. I had some snow cod. Justin had both beef and shrimp and I obviously have my work cut out for me :) But hey, I just ate some freaking salami.
We drove around on the backroads for a while after dinner...looking at the rain. Yes, that's what we were doing...
I really really didn't want to go home and I was becoming tired anyway, plus the drive there was a little slice of heck in the driving rain and wind. We were both rather mischevious in our scheming and I got to spend the night.
Today was kind of confusing, and I wanted to redeem the morning's disappointments somehow but felt like I had already overstayed my welcome as the family was having a gathering and needed help with readying the house for guests. Things turned out ok though, and we had cereal and I got to try Asian instant coffee.
Tonight we had the traditional Christmas eve get together with Tim's family. And Beck and I opened one package each from mum. We both got handmade knit scarves and handmade aprons with appropriate fabric for each of us. And I also got a pillowcase she made from African animal fabric. So freaking nifty...I commented to Becky that these are homemade gifts I actually wanted.
And yeah, the point of Christmas is generally completely bypassed by the frantic consumerism and desire to keep up appearances, especially during the hosting of events. Fuck that!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home