Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I'm sitting by the warm hearth listening to The Beatles and wishing my time with Justin could have been prolonged. I had a great time walking in the rain and listening to music and eating cinnamon rolls with him. And just being next to him. Parting truly is such sweet sorrow...
Entertainingly enough, with Andrew flying in this evening, Becky and I were really right on his tail into the Portland area, and we had some unfinished holiday shopping to accomplish at his place of work. One trip around the store yielded no results, but a second sweep found him sitting in an aisle working with (rearranging?) diapers. It definitely would have made a priceless photo.

We made it to the airport after a hellish drive through the wind- and rainswept gorge with a half hour to spare so we sat eating Choxie chocolates we just acquired and browsed a few stores. I found a clear dome umbrella, and for only $13...so yay. I'm pretty sure it'd take a pretty unusual wind gust to invert it, and the bubble shape means I can even more easily cut myself off from campus traffic (actually, it really is already bad enough with my addiction to walking with music).

Anyway, tomorrow it's back to work at the alpaca farm with Becky. I still have a tad bit of shopping to do for various family members so hopefully I can get in on a family town trip and sneak in some of my own errands. Got to get to packaging

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home