Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Friday, December 14, 2007

So, my presentations have concluded. The last speech was the best of course. It's just sort of difficult relating to the high schoolers, since most of them are still fully entrenched in the trappings of high school society and not yet seriously perusing college options. Basically relating the major back to my upbringing and geographic setting is important, as is linking the topic to their high school classes and telling them how to get started. When I was a junior, I still had no idea what I was going to do in the higher education department.

I met Samantha, Jodie, and Andrea at Dog River and we went for lunch at Bette's. So good to see everyone again, and exchange entertaining stories. We decided to go see a couple bands tonight at the pub in town (with 70+ beers) so that should be fun. I guess some of our classmates have made it a habit of going out on the town (to Jack's, which I haven't been to) so I can't wait. Here's to making up for being ignored for sake of teacher's pet status.

Yesterday/today early morning was good times. I met Justin in Portland and from there we went to Lloyd Center for quick food and then headed to the ballroom for a Storm Large holiday show, which I thought was quite impressive (and hilarious at various points, especially when Sam Adams sang with Storm). I actually felt a little out of place this time, since the average age was probably 35. Pretty sweet. I didn't even drink anything, just had a really expensive bottled water. Justin and his brother David are amazing. They actually have a great deal of family resemblance going on. It's cute, what can I say?

After the show we drove around looking for food because we were both hungry, and luckily McMenamins in the Hawthorne area was open until one, and we had amazing veggie pizza. Then we met a cute plushy black and white cat looking for love from strangers near where we'd parked. It was freaking adorable.

So we returned to my car in the near-empty lot and got to see an odd police incident. It involved three officers and a man that had his car searched and then towed. The driver seemingly walked away from the scene carrying multiple trash bags with no further ado. WTF? The hour was late, and still we sat talking and trying to prolong the evening's goodness despite the fact that I had to get up early this morning. Eventually, we were interrupted by a police officer that came over (not from the previous incidence) and knocked on our window. Justin cracked the door open and the officer explained he'd have to ask us to leave because loitering on the property isn't allowed (loitering? cough cough making cough out cough).

Yeah, my blog goes there. I figured ya'll can read his perspective and then come here to get the juicy details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home