So, today has been relatively uneventful. Mom and I went to town early afternoon, for Christmas shopping and miscellaneous errands. I acquired A Natural History of the Senses by Diane Ackerman, which is proving an interesting read from what I've perused (sections on smell and its inescapability, music, and kissing). I love reading about stuff like that...the cross sections of humanity and evolutionary roots is definitely an interesting topic. Like when Coblentz went into how he views student behavior from a mammologist's perspective and why lesbianism has no reason to be selected against in mammalian evolution.
I took an evening walk at dusk on the canal trail, stepping quietly and avoiding patches of snow in hopes of surprising a deer coming out of the woods. No deer, though I did hear an owl. I think the owls are hanging out on the posts of the soon-to-be deer fence of the soon-to-be orchard. Hearing an owl at dusk is both peaceful and eerie. I like it.
We had buffalo steaks tonight. Pretty good. Then mum and I made fudge. Delicious...only in moderation though.
Talked to Holly this evening. She wanted the inside scoop. So funny..
I took an evening walk at dusk on the canal trail, stepping quietly and avoiding patches of snow in hopes of surprising a deer coming out of the woods. No deer, though I did hear an owl. I think the owls are hanging out on the posts of the soon-to-be deer fence of the soon-to-be orchard. Hearing an owl at dusk is both peaceful and eerie. I like it.
We had buffalo steaks tonight. Pretty good. Then mum and I made fudge. Delicious...only in moderation though.
Talked to Holly this evening. She wanted the inside scoop. So funny..


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home