Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

This holiday weekend is already off to a great start. I think my calories-from-sugar are nearing my calories from "real" food...
Today Becky and I went to town to pick up her re-sized ring. Oh yeah, Becky is now engaged. *Excited stereotypical stifled scream.* I have to wait probably a year and a half, but eventually I'll get to wear that bridesmaid dress. Just say no to pastels. Luckily Becky already has. Her ring is bling. After the jeweler's, we consumed peanut butter cup blizzard at Dairy Queen. And then this lady came by with a tray full of ice cream cake "samples." It was pumpkin pie flavored, and there were even candy corn and creme pumpkins in the little cups. The samples were freaking huge. Neither of us finished them. We picked up some Martinelli's at Rosauers, because Beck informed me that mum was just counting on wine. Surprise surprise, mum had a change of heart and ended up buying Martinelli's as well. We're just exceptionally well-stocked now.

After we all lazed about the house for a while, perusing our five huge-ass Christmas catalogs, we drove up Pine Mont and parked our car, went hiking in the snow. Lots of deer tracks. Good views of the valley. Definitely good exercise. This time of year, exercise is always a good guilt remover.

Tonight we watched The Lives of Others. A good film. German.

I ended up skipping sociology yesterday morning, because I wasn't feeling well. In fact I had a headache all day yesterday...kind of felt ill. Now I feel quite a bit better though. I listened to soothing Enya most of the way home. So nice to have snow instead of rain.

Saturday Becky and I are contemplating seeing Menomena, Tu Fawning, and The Shaky Hands. It promises to be a good show. Hopefully the weather will comply.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home