Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I'm just going to skip discussing the last couple of days, for the sake of brevity. Yes, brevity...
I just purchased Antics by Interpol. Quality tunes. I feel I need to expand my musical repertoire.
So I was going to go to the fish and wildlife club meeting tonight, but I read this long article on placing a monetary value on ecosystem services and it made me sleepy. So I napped for like two freaking hours. Anyway, I guess I was tired. It is nice to be able to sleep during the day on occasion.
My women studies class was cancelled this afternoon, so I literally spent the entire afternoon and early evening in my room. Reading, sleeping, interneting. Ah, laziness.

The valley is covered in fog...it's actually quite beautiful. I took Shitaya on a walk this evening around campus and downtown. I love having a dog...I can actually walk around at night and feel safe. But I don't think I'd do it around here. If anything happened it's not like I could count on him to actually attack someone. I wanted to go where there are lots of street lights. We saw two baby raccoons on Monroe Avenue's sidwalk, and one climbed a tree overhanging the street. The dog pretty much wanted to go after them, but he wasn't absolutely crazy about it. On the way back I saw a freaking nutria literally sitting in the street near the high school. Luckily it shuffled back towards the sidewalk at the approach of a car. It was rather cute really. No muskrat, an invasive, but still cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home