Again, an uneventful day. At least the weather was nice for a walk. I slept in to a ridiculous late time, and the whole "fall back" thing didn't make me feel better. The end of daylight savings time is rather depressing...it just gets dark too darn early. South town is enveloped in fog too, so it's rather eerie. I'm not used to it.
I believe I'm pretty well prepared for my exams tomorrow. I just want to get them done with at this point.
This afternoon I took Shitaya and Fiona on a walk. I saw the praying mantis (dead) where I'd left it in the grass. Poor little thing! Such is (human encroached) nature though. Not everyone can survive. Surprisingly warm out, with the sun beating down. I made that veggie lentil soup. It turned out to be a huge batch, so I'm freezing some. Pretty good. My first homemade soup! Yay for branching out with new recipes. Formal recipes are really the key. I tend toward the simple. I should make an apple pie soon. Mmm, pie dough.
After dinner I went to Interzone to exchange my full stamp card for a free hazelnut mocha...with whipped cream. And I got a biscotti. So freaking excellent. Actually, I went there to study. There's only so much time I can spend sitting alone in my room with my notes. It was rather refreshing.
Hopefully the ol' high school gang can get together soon. Jodie messaged me and "everyone else" on facebook. It'd be great to see everyone again. We've all kinda diverged and lost touch with one another. Too bad it's not the right season for leading a pika watching expedition or camping.
I believe I'm pretty well prepared for my exams tomorrow. I just want to get them done with at this point.
This afternoon I took Shitaya and Fiona on a walk. I saw the praying mantis (dead) where I'd left it in the grass. Poor little thing! Such is (human encroached) nature though. Not everyone can survive. Surprisingly warm out, with the sun beating down. I made that veggie lentil soup. It turned out to be a huge batch, so I'm freezing some. Pretty good. My first homemade soup! Yay for branching out with new recipes. Formal recipes are really the key. I tend toward the simple. I should make an apple pie soon. Mmm, pie dough.
After dinner I went to Interzone to exchange my full stamp card for a free hazelnut mocha...with whipped cream. And I got a biscotti. So freaking excellent. Actually, I went there to study. There's only so much time I can spend sitting alone in my room with my notes. It was rather refreshing.
Hopefully the ol' high school gang can get together soon. Jodie messaged me and "everyone else" on facebook. It'd be great to see everyone again. We've all kinda diverged and lost touch with one another. Too bad it's not the right season for leading a pika watching expedition or camping.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home