Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, November 03, 2007

No peace, Los Angeles...
I must say, I'm becoming mildly addicted to Mike Doughty. I especially like the first three tracks and "Rising Sign." So good! Also, I've been listening to some Bombs Into You which is pretty darn good.

Yesterday I ended up going with this guy Travis (the signature-gatherer) to see In the Shadow of the Moon at the Darkside. Ok, it actually kind of annoys me when a guy pays, especially when you don't know him very well. It's like, "excuse me, I'll let you pay if I consider this a date." That'd be kinda harsh though. It was a film worth seeing. I'm pretty sure we actually went to the moon now. Mike Collins of Apollo 11 has a great sense of humor. Ah, conspiracy theories.

Wow, I've really holed myself up in my room today to study, and it really doesn't seem like I've studied that much. Probably the internet is at fault. Oh well. There's tomorrow too, and given the fact that there's only so much material that's memorizable rather than conceptual, especially for big game, I feel ok.

Charlie was in town as he was checking out a possible living arrangement for next term so we took Shitiya on a walk. He (the dog) discovered a mangled rabbit's hindquarters and promptly devoured it, bones and all. There was no stopping him! He became a bloodthirsty scavenger. Not really. But we really couldn't pry it out of his mouth. The field en route to Willamette where the rabbit remains were found had just been mowed. I shudder to think...it's like The Secret of Nimh! Man that's a great movie. We also found a partially squished female praying mantis on the way back :(. Poor thing. I wonder if it even had a chance to lay its egg sac before someone stepped on it. Fun fact: Female mantids devour the male after mating.

I am going to make veggie lentil soup tomorrow.

Check out the cheetah release video below.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:53 PM , Blogger Becky said...

    Wait, isn't it The Rats of Nimh?

    Remember on the same tape back home, Mouse and Child? that was a creepy movie.

     
  • At 10:50 PM , Blogger Merrie said...

    The book was titled Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh, while the movie was called The Secret of Nimh. I vaguely remember Mouse and Child...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home