I'm so exhausted. Had a relatively good weekend though.
Friday I was one of two at a large Halloween gathering that didn't dress up. Had some beer, ate some fun size candy.
Saturday I picked up Charlie and we stopped in the hood for lunch at the Trillium. Good atmosphere, mediocre pasta.
So we ended up going on quite the hike up on the logging road and then up the little forested ridge below the butte. I've been all over that hillside, and as we headed up towards a hunting hide set up between three trees, I found a four point deer antler! Crazy...like I said, I've been all over up there, often purposefully looking for antlers, and have never found one in that area, although it does look like ideal deer habitat. It was exciting. Partially buried by leaves and chewed by squirrel, but obviously from this last spring as it still had quite a bit of color in it. It was truly the perfect day for a hike...sunny but not too warm, deciduous trees in full fall colors...gorgeous. Met up with a hunter at the top of the ridge. He hadn't seen anything, but I wished him luck.
We watched a lot of YouTube that night, had some good venison tacos. Today we had whole wheat waffles for breakfast over Metropolis (never gets old), purchased some fruit for Charlie's mom's applesauce making at a fruit stand, and talked. I got Halloween costume-makings from mum's closet (vintage paisley crop top, red wine velvet dress for another option). We headed back and absorbed Weezer's blue album. Pleasant drive. Except after Portland when the sun had set and a general mood of sadness prevailed. Tomorrow I have my second fishes midterm, so here's hoping my minimal studying will be sufficient.
Friday I was one of two at a large Halloween gathering that didn't dress up. Had some beer, ate some fun size candy.
Saturday I picked up Charlie and we stopped in the hood for lunch at the Trillium. Good atmosphere, mediocre pasta.
So we ended up going on quite the hike up on the logging road and then up the little forested ridge below the butte. I've been all over that hillside, and as we headed up towards a hunting hide set up between three trees, I found a four point deer antler! Crazy...like I said, I've been all over up there, often purposefully looking for antlers, and have never found one in that area, although it does look like ideal deer habitat. It was exciting. Partially buried by leaves and chewed by squirrel, but obviously from this last spring as it still had quite a bit of color in it. It was truly the perfect day for a hike...sunny but not too warm, deciduous trees in full fall colors...gorgeous. Met up with a hunter at the top of the ridge. He hadn't seen anything, but I wished him luck.
We watched a lot of YouTube that night, had some good venison tacos. Today we had whole wheat waffles for breakfast over Metropolis (never gets old), purchased some fruit for Charlie's mom's applesauce making at a fruit stand, and talked. I got Halloween costume-makings from mum's closet (vintage paisley crop top, red wine velvet dress for another option). We headed back and absorbed Weezer's blue album. Pleasant drive. Except after Portland when the sun had set and a general mood of sadness prevailed. Tomorrow I have my second fishes midterm, so here's hoping my minimal studying will be sufficient.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home