Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

So today I took an exceptionally long walk. After class and a span of time with scientific journals in the library, I decided to take the husky to the park...and we just kept going. I found that the trail at the far end of the park is quite reminiscent of home, and saw an adorable wooly bear caterpillar shuffling across the path. There were tons of gopher holes too. Turns out the park is more extensive than I originally thought...there's like a huge sports field and seating. So we eventually meandered back to the suburban arena. Nice (actually personal looking) older neighborhoods...painted mailboxes, gardens, a huge peace sign constructed out of branches...ok, it wasn't exactly high-class but it was way better than the damn identical new construction that surrounds us. This dude in a huge-ass semi pulled over and yelled through the roar of the engine "malamute?" to which I replied, "husky." Then he was like, "I used to have one. Had to put it down." Then he drove off. Random, eh?

So about an hour and a half after we'd set off, we were approaching home when I spotted a skittish looking young shepherd mix bouncing about between the sidewalk and the road. The two young people waiting at the bus stop didn't know the dog, and it had no ID...and a broken tie-out. So rather than doing the logical thing (knock on nearest door) I let the spazing-out puppy follow me home. Jenn called the human society, and I took it over for a microchip scan. No chip. I left the pup at the shelter and then decided it'd be good to knock on some doors. I tried two to no avail. The third door was answered by a gentleman who knew the pup's home...two doors down, right where the pup was. But I'd knocked on that door and nobody answered so I ended up having done the right thing. Craziness! He was rather cute.

I really haven't done much today besides that...a bit of cleaning, a bit of reading, and music listening. I just bought Arcade Fire's new album (Neon Bible) and it is amazing. I especially like "Intervention" and "Ocean of Noise." Oh, and "Keep the Car Running."

Ohh, yesterday at the park I saw a wild bunny and a mature bald eagle. Coolness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home