Ah, I've moved into my new room - it's so freaking nice being off campus and having my own room! Also there are three dogs (one a very beautiful husky/mal) and two adorable cats. It's a nice place. Fair amount of traffic outside but otherwise not a lot of noise, which I'm sure wouldn't be the case if I were closer to campus. I realized I forgot to remember there's no desk here, so I think mum and Tim will be bringing me one and some other stuff I forgot tomorrow. I always forget the essentials...
Yesterday I moved in and met Holly and her boyfriend Eric for dinner at West. They have ridiculously cheap food there...$2.70 for a veggie and tofu stir fry. It was actually quite good too. Not too heavily spiced and low on the fat. We visited Poling, where Eric lives...oh man, I'm so glad I never lived in a dorm. Holly and I agreed that all the freshman girls are way too uptight and need to get over themselves. The college progression is nice...once you get to be a junior or senior you realize your peers are really into their majors and their careers more than themselves (for the most part anyway). They ended up going to a concert in the quad, while I went to Interzone for a white hot chocolate and cookie. Cute coffee maker. Some kid got arrested just outside while I was in there...woohoo, way to start off your academic year! After Interzone I went to Fred Meyer for a few food essentials and then it was back home.
Today Holly called me up and we wandered around the Fall Festival for a while. I purchased three "bargain bars" of handmade soap for two bucks each. Then we had leftovers at Azalea - eggplant parmesan which was surprisingly good. Figures that the cook is actually decent the year I move out. After, we went to Fred Meyer for more stuff that I forgot to bring. I finally got some Burt's Bees face wash and it's luxurious.
I came home and I took the big pup on a walk - he's such an awesome dog, must weigh about 90 lbs. I'm not sure how to spell his name but it sounds like "Shetaya." We went to the park and en route met an older woman with an akita. Luckily both dogs were friendly towards one another. The park is so beautiful - I must bring my binoculars sometime for aquatic animal watching on the Willamette.
Not much else going on. I'm actually glad to be back. I think being away from home the whole summer was good for me in that respect - I'm not too attached to home at the moment which is nice.
Yesterday I moved in and met Holly and her boyfriend Eric for dinner at West. They have ridiculously cheap food there...$2.70 for a veggie and tofu stir fry. It was actually quite good too. Not too heavily spiced and low on the fat. We visited Poling, where Eric lives...oh man, I'm so glad I never lived in a dorm. Holly and I agreed that all the freshman girls are way too uptight and need to get over themselves. The college progression is nice...once you get to be a junior or senior you realize your peers are really into their majors and their careers more than themselves (for the most part anyway). They ended up going to a concert in the quad, while I went to Interzone for a white hot chocolate and cookie. Cute coffee maker. Some kid got arrested just outside while I was in there...woohoo, way to start off your academic year! After Interzone I went to Fred Meyer for a few food essentials and then it was back home.
Today Holly called me up and we wandered around the Fall Festival for a while. I purchased three "bargain bars" of handmade soap for two bucks each. Then we had leftovers at Azalea - eggplant parmesan which was surprisingly good. Figures that the cook is actually decent the year I move out. After, we went to Fred Meyer for more stuff that I forgot to bring. I finally got some Burt's Bees face wash and it's luxurious.
I came home and I took the big pup on a walk - he's such an awesome dog, must weigh about 90 lbs. I'm not sure how to spell his name but it sounds like "Shetaya." We went to the park and en route met an older woman with an akita. Luckily both dogs were friendly towards one another. The park is so beautiful - I must bring my binoculars sometime for aquatic animal watching on the Willamette.
Not much else going on. I'm actually glad to be back. I think being away from home the whole summer was good for me in that respect - I'm not too attached to home at the moment which is nice.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home