The countdown is...counting down. It's officially the 13th. That means I have 12 days until I leave. OH MY GOSH. I'm going to the travel store tomorrow hopefully to pick up some plug adaptor dealies. I must be able to dry my hair in the desert of Namibia. And listen to my iPod. I actually considered foregoing music while there, figuring I should take in EVERYTHING, like mosquitoes buzzing in their furious attempts to get at my flesh, and jackals yipping, and whatnot, but I decided to forego the foregoing of the music. I'm going to need some familiar sounds in my life. As a sidenote, the mosquitoes aren't really that bad there. Plus they're heading into the dry season. I fully expect to come back not vectoring malaria. And I'm quasi-protected from the rabid kudus. Here's hoping I have to use my first aid and medications sparingly, and that I stay emotionally sane as I deal with being away for so long.
So I have one more final Thursday at noon: biology of birds, and then I'm packing up and getting the hell out of here. Well, I might stop by Emily's for a while. She's graduating, and I will miss her. I'm finally finding people I can spend time with, here in the co-op and otherwise, and they're either graduating or I won't see them as much as I'll be off campus. Oh well. I'm going to visit AZA next year, for the people, and for the food that will actually be good for a change.
Oh, I did my last work jobs here EVER today - lunch dishes and lock-up. I'm so liberated from cleaning up after 50 other people. Hurrah.
Lately I have been spending far too much time on Facebook, adding the new applications. I just added iLike.
I broke up with Matt.
The first few days I was terribly depressed, but now I'm seeing that this is for the best. So far we are still on good terms, and I hope it will stay that way.
So I have one more final Thursday at noon: biology of birds, and then I'm packing up and getting the hell out of here. Well, I might stop by Emily's for a while. She's graduating, and I will miss her. I'm finally finding people I can spend time with, here in the co-op and otherwise, and they're either graduating or I won't see them as much as I'll be off campus. Oh well. I'm going to visit AZA next year, for the people, and for the food that will actually be good for a change.
Oh, I did my last work jobs here EVER today - lunch dishes and lock-up. I'm so liberated from cleaning up after 50 other people. Hurrah.
Lately I have been spending far too much time on Facebook, adding the new applications. I just added iLike.
I broke up with Matt.
The first few days I was terribly depressed, but now I'm seeing that this is for the best. So far we are still on good terms, and I hope it will stay that way.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home