Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Saturday, June 02, 2007

A single week of classes remains, followed by finals, and I leave for Africa in 23 days. Oh my freaking gosh.

So Thursday evening was the fish and wildlife club banquet, which was primarily a fundraiser for next year's leadership team so they can afford to go on trips. I went to Brianna's house to get ready. I straightened my hair and then had Emily and a few other girls work on it, which ended up looking pretty nifty. Hanna, our president's girlfriend, did make-up. Eye-liner, shadow, and mascara are nice but I don't think I'd get into it on a regular basis. Bobby, next year's president, Amber, and Emily and I picked up Matt at Avery and took off. It was held at Eola Hills Winery where I experienced a scrumptious dinner, a mediocre red wine, and a really nice light white wine. The auction and raffle went well, don't know how much money we made. I bid on and won a fantastic photo of two Asian Small-Clawed Otters resting together, taken by a woman somehow associated with the department who works for National Geographic. No one bid on the painting I brought ! :(. I think people were just unwilling to spend money on certain items though - Clair, our fundraiser, submitted the starting bid (a modest bid too) on another painting and won it. So I guess the painting will go in next year's auction.

Last night Matt and I watched The Last King of Scotland. It is a fantastic movie. Violent, graphic...but well worth watching. Before our movie watching session we attended Battle of the Bands for about an hour, which was entertaining. Also very scary to see the masses of college students obviously more occupied with attracting potential mates than listening to the music.

Oo, and I finally finished and turned in my insect collection. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM , Blogger Ricki said...

    Sad noboby bid on that painting, it is so gorgeous! I'm sure your insect collection is awesome. It's so freakin hot. I splurged and bought 6 pair of capris at Penney's in The Dalles this a.m. also got 2 tank tops, a sport bra, and 2 pair of shorts for Tim for Father's day. I got you a 42 pill pack of prilosec for your trip.
    gosh, see you soon!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home