Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Thursday, June 07, 2007

I just have to complain. Three years in the co-ops. Shitty food. Leaving next year, the year they're hiring an experienced chef with a freaking BRITISH ACCENT, an organic/local philosophy, and a desire to actually implement it by buying from local farmers. And he's actually privy on vegetarianism. DAMN IT, DAMN, DARN! Just my luck.

Anywho, I guess I'll have to visit. He came in to cook lunch for us once, and it was amazing. Tortellini (pre-prepared) but with an awesome homemade sauce - tomato and fresh organic basil. And chicken breasts on top for the flesh-inclined.
I must remember I'm living with a large fluff-ball of a dog next year. That's gotta make up for it. Besides, my soon-to-be roommate says she loves to cook.

My stint as the fish and wildlife club secretary is over. We passed our little-used binders off yesterday. It's been fun. I actually wish I would've spent more time on the club - helping plan trips and with fundraising more - but I was obsessed and stressed with academics for the majority of the year.

I guess that's about it for now.
18 days until I leave for Africa.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:17 PM , Blogger Ricki said...

    I'm sure you'll want to kinda hang out over at Azalea, visiting Matt right next door. Maybe you can eat at Azalea occasionally...will they let you do that??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home