So the end of the term has passed, and I'm happy with how finals went.
Crazy, I finally started talking to my roommate quite a bit during the last week...we both kept to ourselves for the majority of our time together, but I think my need to talk to people and the infectious joy as well as frustration that comes with the end of the term overrode my quiet nature. We both checked out at the same time, and luckily I asked her boyfriend to take a look at my car as I knew my radiator had been leaking. After some inspecting and filling with water, he determined I couldn't drive it home and thus I was left with a car full of possessions and a desire to be home. I stayed with Emily for the night, and she saved me from feeling too depressed about my stranded-ness. We went to Keely's for a potluck, and dined on wonderful vegetarian fare and homemade cardamom ice cream that tasted like a perfectly sweetened vanilla chai. Emily and I hauled the TV out to the yard and we all watched Harold and Maude. The scene was definitely the epitome of college life - Christmas lights and streamers hanging from shade trees and shrubs, hippie style quilts and throws privatizing the yard, a TV on a coffee table in the grass, and of course, alcohol and drunk celebrating graduates in abundance. It was fun.
After no success at getting my car in for an appointment at two repair shops, I found an able and willing outfit in south town - they had my car's radiator replaced within the day Friday (for a price, but of course I didn't care), and I was headed home late afternoon.
Today we went to Portland to pick up Beckers from the airport. After choosing some binoculars for my African venture, she called to inform us of a delay. We ended up visiting one of Tim's buddies and eating dinner at Applebee's before heading to the airport - our timing was good. Beckers was hungry of course, so it was on to Sharis where mum and I split a piece of cheesecake with strawberries. I am very happy that their "strawberry celebration" involves actual fresh strawberries and not the frozen syrup-clad berries of norm.
We've just been catching up. Tomorrow it's off to grammy's for a visit and to make copies of all my important documents.
Crazy, I finally started talking to my roommate quite a bit during the last week...we both kept to ourselves for the majority of our time together, but I think my need to talk to people and the infectious joy as well as frustration that comes with the end of the term overrode my quiet nature. We both checked out at the same time, and luckily I asked her boyfriend to take a look at my car as I knew my radiator had been leaking. After some inspecting and filling with water, he determined I couldn't drive it home and thus I was left with a car full of possessions and a desire to be home. I stayed with Emily for the night, and she saved me from feeling too depressed about my stranded-ness. We went to Keely's for a potluck, and dined on wonderful vegetarian fare and homemade cardamom ice cream that tasted like a perfectly sweetened vanilla chai. Emily and I hauled the TV out to the yard and we all watched Harold and Maude. The scene was definitely the epitome of college life - Christmas lights and streamers hanging from shade trees and shrubs, hippie style quilts and throws privatizing the yard, a TV on a coffee table in the grass, and of course, alcohol and drunk celebrating graduates in abundance. It was fun.
After no success at getting my car in for an appointment at two repair shops, I found an able and willing outfit in south town - they had my car's radiator replaced within the day Friday (for a price, but of course I didn't care), and I was headed home late afternoon.
Today we went to Portland to pick up Beckers from the airport. After choosing some binoculars for my African venture, she called to inform us of a delay. We ended up visiting one of Tim's buddies and eating dinner at Applebee's before heading to the airport - our timing was good. Beckers was hungry of course, so it was on to Sharis where mum and I split a piece of cheesecake with strawberries. I am very happy that their "strawberry celebration" involves actual fresh strawberries and not the frozen syrup-clad berries of norm.
We've just been catching up. Tomorrow it's off to grammy's for a visit and to make copies of all my important documents.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home