Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, September 30, 2007

So, I still don't have my personal computer on internet, so I did write a post a couple days ago but can't get it anywhere (I don't know where my memory stick is). So oh well. On with the new.
Today was the fish 'n' wildlife club float trip down the Willamette. FUN. Not exactly...weather-wise, we couldn't have gone on a worse day. It was pelting rain the whole time, so we all got soaked. Of course the river is real calm, so it would have been super relaxing, but we were all just trying (unsuccessfully) to stay warm. Still, fun. We did little "ice breakers" intro thingies and talked about random stuff. About 15 people went. Saw violet green swallows, mergansers, bald eagles, red tail hawks, and great blue herons. No aquatic mammals though.

I came home and took a hot shower. SO nice. I probably sneezed 10 times within 15 minutes too...so hopefully I won't catch a cold. I took a Vitamin C. I had dinner (quinoa and veggie stir fry...yay for branching out from garden burgers) and went to Interzone for a hot chocolate. Ben Kweller on the airwaves. Nifty. Read some of The Oregonian. My social life leaves much to be desired. Actually, it is improving. Yesterday Jenn (roommate) organized a surprise b-day party for Tommy (Jenn's boyfriend, other roommate) with about 14 guests. We socialized, I actually enjoyed a glass of wine (Reisling), and we had amazing cake from Cold Stone. Everyone left except Ray, an older (but attractive) gentleman that runs a tattoo parlor near campus. We all went to a lounge for a couple drinks (read: one pint for me). It was fun. Ray and I talked quite a bit. We eventually went outside to join Tommy and Jenn. It was a bit awkward when Ray put his arm around me (he asked, and it was in a bit of a joking fashion), but then when Tommy and Jenn went inside he asked if I wanted to go back to his place. I was like "uhhhm...no." He laughed and said he'd have to buy me a beer sometime for my response. He was so drunk, but it was funny.

So the night before I had a bit of a funny experience too. This random guy on facebook poked me, so I asked who he was and all that, and soon we were messaging one another. I was planning on going to a movie (by myself) when I responded to a message from him and realized by his response that he was online..so I asked if he'd like to go to the movie. Crazy me, I can't believe I did that. So I ended up picking him up (after some adventures trying to find the house) and we saw Eastern Promises. A good film btw. If you saw A History of Violence, it's by the same director, with Viggo Mortenson. Anywho, we kept our distance at the movie theater but then went to Interzone for tea. We sat outside and watched all the random drunk students and enjoyed listening to snippets of crazy conversation. He ended up asking for my hand to hold, and it was very awkward. So much for progression! I found out I haven't changed since when Matt and I first started hanging out. It's a long story...but eventually I broke off the hand-holding because we really hardly know each other (and I'm pretty confident that I don't want to date this guy...he is younger than me). So this is really personal, but I'm going to write it anyway. I feel that I need to get to know someone and hang out with them as a friend before anything (and I mean anything, even holding hands) happens...because I crave physical contact I don't want to get involved with someone just based on that to begin with. I want an emotional connection. I want to be attracted to a person and think about things for a while, and want the physical contact to come later (as a result of my emotional attraction). I think this is a good thing.

ANYWAY, things are peachy pretty much. I love living off campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home