I am boiling sweet potatoes and procrastinating. I've taken my fish biology final, which was ridiculously easy and I regret studying so much for it. Thursday is my women studies final, and then I'm done. Planning on going home on Friday.
The storm has been ridiculous. I'm going to point the finger at global climate change. It also became more apparent than ever that the streets around campus lack adequate drainage, as there were mini lakes on Monroe. It was actually very calm and somewhat warm today, and I was able to venture out with the dogs, so yay for that.
Ok, so boiling sweet potatoes doesn't take as long as I thought it did...luckily mashed sweet potatoes are good too. ah, the adventures of cooking for oneself!
Speaking of, Saturday night was the annual holiday potluck at the department head's place. It was fun. Thanks to Beckers, I had a sweet fir tree colored dress and a main dish idea - spiral pasta tossed with feta cheese and kale, and it turned out good except the feta could have melted more. So of course it was raining like hell, I was in a mid-length dress and heels, carrying a steaming casserole dish...I ended up stepping in the river of water trying to get into my car. Then I was majorly confused by the unlabeled labyrinth that is Avery Park so decided to bypass it and try to get there another way (this on a nearly empty tank of gas). Luckily I found it with minimal effort after that. The food was excellent (and there was a lot of it) and the company was agreeable, but the socializing with new people really isn't my thing. Even in an ideal setting I can't bring myself to meet people!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the long holiday break and hopefully earning some money at the alpaca farm (sounds like a go so I'm happy). I filed an application to graduate in the spring too! Don't yet know if it's feasible, but it'll be super close if not.
The storm has been ridiculous. I'm going to point the finger at global climate change. It also became more apparent than ever that the streets around campus lack adequate drainage, as there were mini lakes on Monroe. It was actually very calm and somewhat warm today, and I was able to venture out with the dogs, so yay for that.
Ok, so boiling sweet potatoes doesn't take as long as I thought it did...luckily mashed sweet potatoes are good too. ah, the adventures of cooking for oneself!
Speaking of, Saturday night was the annual holiday potluck at the department head's place. It was fun. Thanks to Beckers, I had a sweet fir tree colored dress and a main dish idea - spiral pasta tossed with feta cheese and kale, and it turned out good except the feta could have melted more. So of course it was raining like hell, I was in a mid-length dress and heels, carrying a steaming casserole dish...I ended up stepping in the river of water trying to get into my car. Then I was majorly confused by the unlabeled labyrinth that is Avery Park so decided to bypass it and try to get there another way (this on a nearly empty tank of gas). Luckily I found it with minimal effort after that. The food was excellent (and there was a lot of it) and the company was agreeable, but the socializing with new people really isn't my thing. Even in an ideal setting I can't bring myself to meet people!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to the long holiday break and hopefully earning some money at the alpaca farm (sounds like a go so I'm happy). I filed an application to graduate in the spring too! Don't yet know if it's feasible, but it'll be super close if not.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home