Slow lazy evening. I just showered. This morning, I went over to the alpaca farm and had a re-orientation to what needs to be done with morning care duties - now 53 alpacas, and a whole herd of adorable fluffy babies. A relatively fun way to make up for the gobs of money I've been spending lately.
Mum and I picked up Becky at the airport, and then went to Target to look for a gift for Andrew, which we successfully secured. Then we headed to the big ol' shopping complex in Gresham for Old Navy. The parking lots were crazy busy, and it was rather disgusting seeing all the made-up, dressed up shoppers. I kept my spending to the bare minimum though with one item. I then called Justin to see if he was up for meeting us at a coffee place (Becky and I were completely dehydrated and wanted to check out a shop we'd seen en route), which he was (sort of, with being rather ill and all). Hopefully we didn't overwhelm him too much with our incessant random chatter :)
Last night was interesting. We saw a duo from Washington play at the pub in town, and they were completely uncoordinated and seemingly ill-prepared. The woman certainly had a solid voice, and the first song they did had a beautiful guitar riff, but it just didn't work! We all had fruit-infused ciders there before heading to River City - I had a white russian. Some like 35 - 40 year old dude was like, "you girls are really beautiful, and I'm not even drunk yet, so take that as a compliment." Um, yeah...and of course it was interesting to see my classmate who got Elks Student of the Month alongside me senior year who has quit college and was more than slightly inebriated. And all the other guys our age that were pretty much either jerks to us in high school or entirely ignored us. Yeah, they're now offering to buy us drinks. Nice, can't beat a free (otherwise overpriced) mixed drink, but you're not getting anywhere with us. It's definitely a good feeling. Why not take advantage of this opportunity? It feels good to exact our own brand of pay-back. Oh, mischeviousness. Actually it was rather interesting, for by the end of the night few words had been spoken to me while Andrea and Jodie both had admirers clinging to them (some things never change...I don't mean to sound bitter or self-pitying, but seriously, guys just don't talk to me, and I don't know why).
Needless to say, I was tired this morning. I'll just have to get on a better schedule with the alpaca work (though my days are totally up to me, which is nice).
Mum and I picked up Becky at the airport, and then went to Target to look for a gift for Andrew, which we successfully secured. Then we headed to the big ol' shopping complex in Gresham for Old Navy. The parking lots were crazy busy, and it was rather disgusting seeing all the made-up, dressed up shoppers. I kept my spending to the bare minimum though with one item. I then called Justin to see if he was up for meeting us at a coffee place (Becky and I were completely dehydrated and wanted to check out a shop we'd seen en route), which he was (sort of, with being rather ill and all). Hopefully we didn't overwhelm him too much with our incessant random chatter :)
Last night was interesting. We saw a duo from Washington play at the pub in town, and they were completely uncoordinated and seemingly ill-prepared. The woman certainly had a solid voice, and the first song they did had a beautiful guitar riff, but it just didn't work! We all had fruit-infused ciders there before heading to River City - I had a white russian. Some like 35 - 40 year old dude was like, "you girls are really beautiful, and I'm not even drunk yet, so take that as a compliment." Um, yeah...and of course it was interesting to see my classmate who got Elks Student of the Month alongside me senior year who has quit college and was more than slightly inebriated. And all the other guys our age that were pretty much either jerks to us in high school or entirely ignored us. Yeah, they're now offering to buy us drinks. Nice, can't beat a free (otherwise overpriced) mixed drink, but you're not getting anywhere with us. It's definitely a good feeling. Why not take advantage of this opportunity? It feels good to exact our own brand of pay-back. Oh, mischeviousness. Actually it was rather interesting, for by the end of the night few words had been spoken to me while Andrea and Jodie both had admirers clinging to them (some things never change...I don't mean to sound bitter or self-pitying, but seriously, guys just don't talk to me, and I don't know why).
Needless to say, I was tired this morning. I'll just have to get on a better schedule with the alpaca work (though my days are totally up to me, which is nice).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home