Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Our life is not a painting or maybe

So do you people with post titles have a template with titles or do you just add them as I did?

This morning the sky over campus looked so perfect, the clouds so evenly disbursed and seemingly flat. Sky was so perfectly sky blue.

I skipped my normal nap in favor of a walk with Finn and Mara - truly endearing creatures. They walk pretty much in snyc with one another, and they're just so darn cute and happy looking. I walked them to the park and after debating in my head a bit, I decided to try off-leash. I knew Mara would be the first one to release. Despite her rather rambunctious behavior at times, she's generally a bit more responsive to calling. At first I am pretty sure she didn't realize the extent of her freedom; in fact she was actually walking closer to me, which was cool. But then she started romping about, and wow she is cute. Her ears flop all over the place and she bounds in joy in great exaggerated leaps. When I knew she'd come back to me I let Finn go. Luckily they both behaved pretty well, although we met a woman in the field and Finn pretty much followed her almost up to the street. Luckily she stopped to let me catch up. Crazy pup. Shtiya and Finn definitely have strong independent streaks. Female dogs generally seem more eager to please except in the case of Gabe and Tasha...Tasha was certainly the strong-minded, stubborn sort, while Gabe was more concerned about being reprimanded if he did something we perceived as wrong. I love dogs.

So I got a nice walk in before eating lunch and heading to campus early to donate $ to Blood:Water Mission - this OSU branch was started by a girl that used to live in Azalea so I figure she knows her stuff. It's to create wells for impoverished Africans, so I gave up Interzone for about two weeks and donated the money I saved. Of course right afterwards I went to Interzone for an iced latte...

Systematics...feeling pretty good about this set of critters. Karl is ever-bothersome.

Now I am waiting for the kitchen access to make dinner, and for an email with our semi-complete Conservation Efforts plan so I can proof-read and write the summary. BLAH. So not enthused.





1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Ricki said...

    The dramatic lighting on Mt. Hood this a.m. made it seem like a painting, I pointed out to Tim. Funny how "real" life mimics art, or vice versa. It was a pretty morning.
    The walk with the dogs sounds like fun. I'm glad Mara & Finn didn't give you too much trouble.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home