So, brace yourself for even more ridiculousness: the dog count in this house has increased to five. Yes, five. Because a freaking female Irish Setter came into the shelter. A matched pair was apparently too hard to resist, even though she did try to pawn this one off on her parents, to no avail. She's beautiful, but come on, five! This is out of control! What's worse is Jenn's parents really like Fiona, the neurotic super hyper boston terrier - in fact they'd like her, but Jenn wants to keep Fiona and contact her breeder for a puppy for her parents. And I SO wish Fiona wasn't here. Honestly she's the only hard-to-live-with dog here. Surprisingly these setters, despite being young, are extremely calm and have already settled in quite gracefully.
Last night Simone caught a mouse in the house. I should know better than to let my emotions get involved with such affairs, should know better than to pick a wild mouse up with minimal hesitation...But I couldn't see it suffer. The mice are being poisoned with D-Con in the garage, and I figured the kitty had already injured it sufficiently to kill it (slowly) so I took it outside and dispatched it, apologizing to the poor creature. I really don't like the idea of poisoning the mice either. I watched five of them dart in and out of the box in the garage the other day, and they're so cute. Just trying to survive.
On to happier news, I pretty much had the best Valentines Day ever with Justin. I skipped the last half of animal behavior to meet him in Salem. Turns out that Dreyers ice cream shop we looked up online really doesn't exist; instead we found a Baskin Robbins (first time visiting one for me) and I had supertruffle fudge. So immensely indulgent. I just devoured it. You know you've reached a solid level of intimacy and trust in your relationship when you're fine with eating an ice cream cone quickly and messily. I was hungry. After exchanging cards and candy we went bowling. Yay. An old guy bowling next to us tried to give me tips which just messed up my consciousness and my score. Justin beat me both games. I did rather poorly. But that didn't really matter...
We went to IHOP for dinner. I thought it was only a breakfast place. I had incredibly yummy garden stuffed crepes and got to sample waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. Mmm.
That's the extent of my coverage of V Day.
Today was amazingly warm and sunny so yay for that! I took Shtiya to campus and we walked to the covered bridge. Tee shirt weather = amazing. So beautiful. Then I went food shopping. Becky you've inspired me to eat carrots.
Last night Simone caught a mouse in the house. I should know better than to let my emotions get involved with such affairs, should know better than to pick a wild mouse up with minimal hesitation...But I couldn't see it suffer. The mice are being poisoned with D-Con in the garage, and I figured the kitty had already injured it sufficiently to kill it (slowly) so I took it outside and dispatched it, apologizing to the poor creature. I really don't like the idea of poisoning the mice either. I watched five of them dart in and out of the box in the garage the other day, and they're so cute. Just trying to survive.
On to happier news, I pretty much had the best Valentines Day ever with Justin. I skipped the last half of animal behavior to meet him in Salem. Turns out that Dreyers ice cream shop we looked up online really doesn't exist; instead we found a Baskin Robbins (first time visiting one for me) and I had supertruffle fudge. So immensely indulgent. I just devoured it. You know you've reached a solid level of intimacy and trust in your relationship when you're fine with eating an ice cream cone quickly and messily. I was hungry. After exchanging cards and candy we went bowling. Yay. An old guy bowling next to us tried to give me tips which just messed up my consciousness and my score. Justin beat me both games. I did rather poorly. But that didn't really matter...
We went to IHOP for dinner. I thought it was only a breakfast place. I had incredibly yummy garden stuffed crepes and got to sample waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. Mmm.
That's the extent of my coverage of V Day.
Today was amazingly warm and sunny so yay for that! I took Shtiya to campus and we walked to the covered bridge. Tee shirt weather = amazing. So beautiful. Then I went food shopping. Becky you've inspired me to eat carrots.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home