I have turned to outrageous trash TV for entertainment: "Rock of Love 2" - 20 women competing for the "love" of a rock "star" from the band Poison. It's ridiculous. Because we all know that true love stems from bitchy cat fights amongst plastic-surgery veterans over rich mansion-owning rock stars. Oh yeah, no ulterior motives here. He's not even that hot. I think the women would be more attractive without their implants and gobs of makeup.
ANYWAY, I am going to rant briefly on the annoyance of suburbia. I am so frickin tired of seeing all the cars streaming up and down Rivergreen. Fucking suburbs. We have a bus system that comes by every half hour and bike lanes, but still the traffic in this whole town is ridiculous. In many parts of town housing is close enough to most businesses that walking is an option (but people inevitably choose to go to the gym for exercise because they "don't have time" during the day...hmm why not combine exercise and daily tasks?). I mean, south town is a little different - the problem here lies in the shift from the "frontier town" arrangement where living quarters and businesses were located side by side. Now we've got this standard of locating housing way far away from business districts. It's a culture of convenience, and unfortunately the majority of us choose the easiest route rather than a small amount of self sacrifice. May you be inspired to try alternative transportation or start using a cloth grocery bag.
Tomorrow I'm going to get a tour of the local landfill. Shall be interesting. It's quite literally a mountain of garbage. Goddamn it this consumer economy is really starting to bum me out!
ANYWAY, I am going to rant briefly on the annoyance of suburbia. I am so frickin tired of seeing all the cars streaming up and down Rivergreen. Fucking suburbs. We have a bus system that comes by every half hour and bike lanes, but still the traffic in this whole town is ridiculous. In many parts of town housing is close enough to most businesses that walking is an option (but people inevitably choose to go to the gym for exercise because they "don't have time" during the day...hmm why not combine exercise and daily tasks?). I mean, south town is a little different - the problem here lies in the shift from the "frontier town" arrangement where living quarters and businesses were located side by side. Now we've got this standard of locating housing way far away from business districts. It's a culture of convenience, and unfortunately the majority of us choose the easiest route rather than a small amount of self sacrifice. May you be inspired to try alternative transportation or start using a cloth grocery bag.
Tomorrow I'm going to get a tour of the local landfill. Shall be interesting. It's quite literally a mountain of garbage. Goddamn it this consumer economy is really starting to bum me out!


1 Comments:
At 8:39 AM ,
Ricki said...
RE: consumer society, look at all the valentine crap out there. my current pet peeve: valentine mylar balloons!
Post a Comment
<< Home