Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Sunday, January 27, 2008

I have completed Wildlife Capture and Immobilization. Today wasn't nearly so long as I'd anticipated; we had our chemical restraint lab from nine to 12:30 and then we were free to go and take the test, which was online. I shot an $8,000 net gun which I literally needed help just holding it was so heavy (but still so cool), some pistol and rifle style dart guns too. Despite my seeming genetic inability to wink (or effectively use rifle sights), my aim wasn't bad. I hit the big rump muscle on quite a few paper bighorns and mountain lions. Huey, the super adorable chocolate lab belonging to one of the instructors, was the first gun-excited dog I've seen. I'm so used to gun-shy dogs but this dog was practically jumping from the truck in excitement (and barking) at the sound of the net gun..definitely a trained bird dog!

After the lab I came home and had some lunch, studied, and took the test. Some of the questions were a bit arbitrary and I know I should have gotten credit for two that I missed, but I still got an 83%, so I will end up with a B in the class. Not bad...two credits in one weekend!

I was going to see The Shaky Hands tonight, but apparently weather conditions were against me :( Oh well....hopefully there will be opportunities in the near future to see them. Being all clad in smart clothes I couldn't just do nothing. So I went to Interzone to study. Not terribly exciting but something to do. Then I drove around the outskirts of town just for a drive and almost ran over a bobtailed raccoon. Luckily he got out of the way and I didn't swerve into the other lane!

Five days until I get to see Justin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home