Once again, I am still ill. I'm drinking tea which is helping my throat a bit though. And trying to relax with music and a pumpkin spice candle after working on school work quite a bit.
Today was once again freaking cold...unpleasantly so. I really want spring weather but I have to remember it's only mid-January. I better get used to extensive layering. So my group in wildlife in ag. ecosystems already has a few ideas for what we can do to improve operations at the dairy farm. Invasive pigeons are a problem so they want to increase natural raptor populations. So I consulted Karl, who is awfully annoying on a personal level but full of useful bird knowledge. He pointed out which species would be predators on pigeons and even told me a little about habitat preferences. And he suggested bringing in a freaking falconer (which the group also came up with). That'd be freaking awesome. So we have something to work with. I went to the library after Animal Behavior and there's even a book on raptors in farmland and urban habitats. So we can definitely incorporate those sources into our suggested strategy. The project is going to be freaking massive...
In other good news I've found a ton of sources for my individual paper which is going to be on wildlife crossing structures around roadways.
After dinner I went to Interzone for hot chocolate and studying mammals. Then I went shopping because I was scratching at the bottom of the cupboard. Mum, your large fabric shopping bag worked well for me. I filled it!
\
Tomorrow is Friday, which I am SO thankful for. Three day weekend!!
Today was once again freaking cold...unpleasantly so. I really want spring weather but I have to remember it's only mid-January. I better get used to extensive layering. So my group in wildlife in ag. ecosystems already has a few ideas for what we can do to improve operations at the dairy farm. Invasive pigeons are a problem so they want to increase natural raptor populations. So I consulted Karl, who is awfully annoying on a personal level but full of useful bird knowledge. He pointed out which species would be predators on pigeons and even told me a little about habitat preferences. And he suggested bringing in a freaking falconer (which the group also came up with). That'd be freaking awesome. So we have something to work with. I went to the library after Animal Behavior and there's even a book on raptors in farmland and urban habitats. So we can definitely incorporate those sources into our suggested strategy. The project is going to be freaking massive...
In other good news I've found a ton of sources for my individual paper which is going to be on wildlife crossing structures around roadways.
After dinner I went to Interzone for hot chocolate and studying mammals. Then I went shopping because I was scratching at the bottom of the cupboard. Mum, your large fabric shopping bag worked well for me. I filled it!
\
Tomorrow is Friday, which I am SO thankful for. Three day weekend!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home