Merrie's Blog

Happenings, annoyances, observations, and some photographic documentation

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I'm content for the moment. I just had a dinner of baked Ziti ala Andrew (baked pasta, sauce, and cheese - simple but so much better than plain pasta). Systematics lab turned out to be easier than I thought - of course it helps that I can recognize many skulls just from my exposure with Tim's work. I looked at some bat skulls (under a freaking microscope) which were pretty cool, and a shrew skull with its characteristic red-tipped teeth. And I saw a nutria skull for the first time - they have a crazy infraorbital foramen which looks like an extra eye socket! So luckily we don't have to memorize all the dental formulas for each genus! This might be more manageable than I thought.

Yesterday was my first wildlife in ag. ecosystems class, which should be challenging because we actually have to do outside work in groups. This and systematics are probably the most work-intensive courses. Medical and public health entomology will be up there, but won't involve as much work. More memorizing stuff than anything.

Ah, Degrassi. I'm watching an old episode. This monday is a Saved by the Bell marathon. And last monday I watched the season premier of Medium. Yay. It was good, but pretty straight-forward. Needed some spicing up.

It's been freaking cold here lately, even snowing a tiny bit. Nothing compares with the masses of snow I encountered while I was home though - it was definitely one of the best winters in recent memory. Heck, it was pretty much the best winter break ever. If you've explored my links, you may have discovered Justin's blog, but I want to reiterate the amazingness that is our relationship because it's the best thing in my life. We met the day after I got home from last term. Oh man, I love him. I wanted to say the words even after we'd been "exclusive" for like two weeks. He said them first. But I've never felt so right about saying it before. It really is amazing how fast our relationship has progressed. In one month. But I'm not questioning it, because I feel so happy. I could spend all day doing nothing with him. I'm already missing him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home