I am currently experiencing three-pronged technical difficulties. My computer is refusing to do anything with my SD card reader, one of my speakers won't play, and my cell phone reception sucks in this house. But I still love technology...yes, I do. Fuck.
I just tried out the parsnip and potato souffle recipe from Becky...it turned out good. I beat the hell out of those egg whites trying to get them to "soft peak" whatever that means. But it did taste delicious. I went on a major grocery shopping spree at Fred Meyer, and then I had to go to First Alternative to get the salad mix they have because it's amazing. Oh yeah, I'm back "at school." My housemates are gone until tomorrow morning. Unpleasant surprise: the dogs freaking destroyed my bear skull I left on the desk in my room. I had left the house with my room's door closed too, so I'm pretty pissed off. I'm such a non-confrontational person too, but I feel like I should get discounted rent for that (it'd cost $100 to replace it, though Tim's friend Jerry gave it to me). And I'm in systematics of mammals where I think we have to learn the bones of the skull so that actually would have helped this term.
In better news, I spent most of yesterday and last night at Justin's. Watched his band practice. It was so awesome, I drove up and the sound was just bursting through the garage door ( took a video clip). Then his buddy Larry came over...he's quite a character. We watched the roomba slide over the kitchen floor for a while, cleaning (Larry really likes this thing. I just think it's kind of cute, especially when it docks itself). Eventually we went into Portland and visited some used clothing stores. I found a really cute pair of jeans and a long sleeve brown buttoned shirt at Buffalo Exchange. We ended up meeting another friend, Nick, for dinner at Outback Steakhouse - I'd never been, but was impressed. Very good fettucine with veggies and I tried Guinness beer which is ridiculously smooth and yummy. Larry was having a bad week so he used that as an excuse to drink two 22-oz. beers. He had the first one finished in five minutes, ridiculously. Dinner and car traveling conversation seemed to focus on tales of high school and all the loser classmates they had. "We're good people, really we are." Anyway, it was funny.
After dinner we went to see a Matt, who welcomed us into his garage stil bearing the scars of an intense new year's party. Larry was drinking red wine from a box, then he just took the bag out and was tossing it around incessantly trying to get other people to drink with him. Totally ridiculous. I got cold, went inside, looked at the fish. I wanted to leave because it was getting late and I wanted some alone time with Justin. So he ended up prompting Larry to leave. We got back around 11:30 and sat on the couch for a really really long time, not wanting to go to sleep but practically dozing off. Then we changed into jammies and sat on the couch some more, etc. etc...
I did not want to leave! I hope I do ok this term with my course load. I have so many potential activities...a women in leadership conference, The Wildlife Society, FW Club, that weekend course...visits with Justin. Well last term I was bored with the miniscule amount of actual work which was required from me so let's just hope this term feels normal.
I just tried out the parsnip and potato souffle recipe from Becky...it turned out good. I beat the hell out of those egg whites trying to get them to "soft peak" whatever that means. But it did taste delicious. I went on a major grocery shopping spree at Fred Meyer, and then I had to go to First Alternative to get the salad mix they have because it's amazing. Oh yeah, I'm back "at school." My housemates are gone until tomorrow morning. Unpleasant surprise: the dogs freaking destroyed my bear skull I left on the desk in my room. I had left the house with my room's door closed too, so I'm pretty pissed off. I'm such a non-confrontational person too, but I feel like I should get discounted rent for that (it'd cost $100 to replace it, though Tim's friend Jerry gave it to me). And I'm in systematics of mammals where I think we have to learn the bones of the skull so that actually would have helped this term.
In better news, I spent most of yesterday and last night at Justin's. Watched his band practice. It was so awesome, I drove up and the sound was just bursting through the garage door ( took a video clip). Then his buddy Larry came over...he's quite a character. We watched the roomba slide over the kitchen floor for a while, cleaning (Larry really likes this thing. I just think it's kind of cute, especially when it docks itself). Eventually we went into Portland and visited some used clothing stores. I found a really cute pair of jeans and a long sleeve brown buttoned shirt at Buffalo Exchange. We ended up meeting another friend, Nick, for dinner at Outback Steakhouse - I'd never been, but was impressed. Very good fettucine with veggies and I tried Guinness beer which is ridiculously smooth and yummy. Larry was having a bad week so he used that as an excuse to drink two 22-oz. beers. He had the first one finished in five minutes, ridiculously. Dinner and car traveling conversation seemed to focus on tales of high school and all the loser classmates they had. "We're good people, really we are." Anyway, it was funny.
After dinner we went to see a Matt, who welcomed us into his garage stil bearing the scars of an intense new year's party. Larry was drinking red wine from a box, then he just took the bag out and was tossing it around incessantly trying to get other people to drink with him. Totally ridiculous. I got cold, went inside, looked at the fish. I wanted to leave because it was getting late and I wanted some alone time with Justin. So he ended up prompting Larry to leave. We got back around 11:30 and sat on the couch for a really really long time, not wanting to go to sleep but practically dozing off. Then we changed into jammies and sat on the couch some more, etc. etc...
I did not want to leave! I hope I do ok this term with my course load. I have so many potential activities...a women in leadership conference, The Wildlife Society, FW Club, that weekend course...visits with Justin. Well last term I was bored with the miniscule amount of actual work which was required from me so let's just hope this term feels normal.


2 Comments:
At 11:19 PM ,
Ricki said...
The dogs should not have been allowed in your room while you were away, especially since you had left your door closed. In fact you should be able to lock your room. You need to speak up and get some reimbursement. It was even more valuable because of the sentiment/gift thing.
Good luck with your busy schedule. Let Justin drive to you!
At 8:50 AM ,
Becky said...
I agree Mer -- I know you'll carefully broach the subject, and I'm sure your roommate will understand. A lock really is a good idea (Shtya or however you spell it knows how to open doors, right?).
In other news, I also made that souffle last night =) Also beat the hell out of the egg whites. Andrew wanted to help after I'd been at it for 5-10 minutes, and I was like, no, I'm not handing it over so you'll get the satisfaction of reaching soft peaks after I put in the woman-power. (P.S.: "soft peaks" being when, if you raise the spoon out of the whites, the whites raise up a bit and fall over, rather like the droopy top of soft serve).
Post a Comment
<< Home